Chapter 21🍷 Simple Interrogation

Warning! Torture & gore!

Shouto stood in the backyard with Naomi still in his arms. He had the little girl facing away from the large window, instead he was looking inside. There was blood here and there. On the floor mostly, some managed to splatter onto the ivory walls. The couches that were in the second half of the living room where the kitchen resided were flipped and destroyed. The rips showing off the white cotton. It was a total disaster in there.

He saw Nejire come through the mess of the connected living room and slides the door open. She closes it back softly and walks over to them. "Aizawa is driving Denki back to the estate so Hatsume can bandage him up." Shouto turns to her, still trying his best to keep Naomi away from looking into the bloody mess. "How is he?"

"He got banged up pretty bad. But he will live! I can assure you on that! He was alive and acting like his normal self when we got to him." She looks down at the grass, saddened at the thought of seeing her young friend so beaten and bloody. "Denki always does that. Hide his pain behind his goofy nature."

Shouto huffs, "I guess we all try to hide our pain somehow."

"Mhm."

They both hear the door open. They turn to see Izuku standing there. "Nejire. I want you to take them both back to the manor." Shouto was a little surprised by this request. Why wouldn't he just take them himself? "Wh-what about you", Shouto asks. The greenette walks over to Shouto and cups his cheek in his hand. Instinctively, Shouto leans into the warm calloused hand. Not even concerned that it was the hand that just help a gun just moments ago. "I'll be okay. I just want you and Naomi to get some rest. You'll have to stay there from now on too, it's too dangerous for you both to come back here."

"Mmm, dad?"

Izuku perks up to the sleepy voice and looks down at Naomi. He smiles bright and pats her fluffy hair. "Hey princess. You and Mama are gonna stay at the giant house for now."

"Will we come back home", she questions shyly.

"Nah, but you'll be with Eri and Kota all day long! Doesn't that sound like fun?"

"What about you? And Denki too?"

"I'll be there soon. Denki should already be there. But he's not feeling too well, so you'll have to wait before seeing him."

      Naomi nods her head slowly. He eyes beginning to close as she rests on Shouto's shoulder. The motherly man moves his hair out of the way to not have the strands bother her. Shouto looks at Izuku. "When will you be coming over?"

      "Aww~. Is someone concerned for my well-being?"

      Shouto blushes at the teasing tone. "N-not really...I just want to know, okay? Why should I have a reason? Idiot."

      Don't think I can't see right through you, Izuku thought as he leans in and kisses Shouto. It's sweet and simple. It's also Izuku's way of reassuring him that everything will be okay. When he pulls back, Shouto's cheeks are bright pink. He snickers, "see? You are concerned." Shouto looks away and mumbles underneath his breath. The boss turns to Nejire, who is fangirling over the small family moment. "Please take them. Make sure they're comfortable when you arrive."

       "Yes sir."

Izuku watches as the car pulls out of the driveway. The wooden gate closes shut once the car pulls off. He heads back into the house and makes his way towards the hallway the intruders came through. Izuku opens the door to the basement and heads down the stairs. The motion censored lights come on as he walks in. Two neatened men sat on the floor. Arms hanging high by ropes. Izuku chuckles darkly which alerted the two groggy men. "Damn, that blond sure did give you two a good beating before I came along."

      He grabs one of the men's face. Blood trickled down from his forehead. Bruises already forming and bottom lip swollen. Izuku smirks as pride swelled in his chest. Denki had did a very good job of protecting Shouto and Naomi. "Wh-where's....Midnight?" Izuku looks over at the second guy. He looked much worse than the one Izuku stood in front of. The kingpin chuckles and digs in his pocket for his leather gloves. "Why? You worried about her or something? That's cute, I find myself worried about my family too."

     Izuku grips black tresses and lifts his head up. A black eye nearly closed his left eye shut. His lips swollen as if he kissed a dozen wasps. His face cut and bloody. It made Izuku laugh. The sound reverberated around the grey brick room. "I guess my work was better than Denki's. What do you think?" Izuku let's the man's head dangle down. He walks over to a table full of weapons. He ponders over which one to choose before he grabbed some pliers and a hammer. Izuku walks back over and lifts the ravenette's chin up. "I had a very pretty gold tooth in that bloody mouth of yours. Mind if I have it?"

      Izuku cackles at his victims horrified face. "Ahahahah! Well don't look so startled! It won't be of any value to you once your dead. Or you won't have to be dead in less than twenty-four hours. You can tell me what business you have coming here. Don't try to lie either, I am very good at catching a lie."

     "Why do you care?"

      Izuku cups his chin and hums in thought. "Why? Let's see, why is it any of my–?" Izuku swings the hammer, the flat end landing a strong blow to the other's cheek. "BECAUSE YOU BROKE INTO MY HOME AND FRIGHTENED MY INNOCENT FAMILY! What?! You think it's just okay to hop your worthless asses into my property and think I'll just be chill about it? YOU THINK I SHOULD NOT CARE?!"

     Blood spat onto the concrete floor. The man coughs to regain air that his dry throat wouldn't allow in. His less beaten partner shivered beside him. He didn't dare make a single peep as he swung helplessly by the rope. Izuku straightens his posture and rolls his shoulders. A few soft pops are heard and he sighs in content.

     "Damn, I'm about to throw my fucking arm out. Okay, sure–if it were just me living here I wouldn't give two shits. I can easily deal with the likes of you. However, my gorgeous lover, who is also a wonderful mother, and my precious little princess were here. They are very dear to me and I am not going to allow idiots like you to ruin my family. Do you know how fucking hard it was to get back with him after he ran away years ago? No! Unfortunately you don't, which I don't need you to. But whatever! I just need more information as to why you've come to my humble abode."

      None of them said a word. Izuku groans and walks away briefly to grab a chair. He sits it down and throws one leg over it and comfortably rests his arms on the back of the wooden furniture. "I see we are going to be here for a while. I am a patient man...on some occasions~."

      Shouto looked out of the tall window at the lightning that strikes through the clouds. Thunder followed right after. He hears footsteps behind him. It makes him turn quickly, mostly out of paranoia of who could be trying to sneak up on him. Luckily it was only Mei. "Whoops! My apologies. I wasn't trying to scare you. I promise!"

     Shouto sighs and his tense shoulders relax. "N-no. It's okay, I'm just a little jumpy after what happened."

      "That's natural. If I wasn't in this business, I'd be jumpy too. It'd be shocking if you weren't."

      Shouto looks down into his mug. The hot tea in it steaming and lightly warming his face. "I'm really worried about Izuku. I hope he's okay." The pink haired woman chuckles and pats Shouto's back before rubbing it soothingly. "Boss is going to be just fine! Aizawa and Himiko should be back with him now."

"Wh-what about Denki? Is he alright?"

"Yep! I just need to monitor him. I can't have him sleeping yet due to his head injury. Don't worry, the kids have him occupied."

"But Izuku said that they shouldn't bother him as of right now."

"It's really no harm. I just told the kids to tone it down since he's not too well. Besides Hado is with them. So it's all good."

      They both are silent again. Thunder quietly rumbled in the sky. Rain softly hits the window before I begins to pour. Shouto really hoped that Izuku would come home safely. That's all he really asked of what ever deity was out there.