Chapter 22🍷 Nightly Secret

May have some errors in here somewhere...
———————————————————————

      Izuku sat on the concrete steps of the basement. The floor a complete mess of blood as the bodies slouched on the wall sat still. A lit cigarette is wedged between his lips. A small trail of smoke plumes and dissipates once it gets higher in the air. He hears the sound of light footsteps coming down the stairs. But he did not make an attempt to turn around and see who it was since they announced themselves.

"Ooh~. You made a mess Mr. Midoriya", Toga teased as she passes him by and jumps over the last step to stand on the bloody floor.

      "Don't step in that", Shouta exclaims with a stern face.

     "Don't stress about it Aizawa. She can help the cleaning crew get rid of everything", Izuku jests. Toga huffs and puffs her cheeks out. She adored the sight of blood, but she didn't want to clean up the mess. And not because it was gross, because she liked to admire her work or other's on full display.

"Did they say anything", Shouta asked the other man. Referring to the ones that Izuku beat for breaking in and attempting to harm his loved ones. "They work for Gladys", Izuku answers through the stick. "According to them, she ordered them to take Shouto and Naomi. They didn't elaborate as to why they were tasked to do so. That is why they ended up just like that." Izuku nods his head to the lifeless bodies.

"I see." Shouta turns to Izuku on the steps, watching the distant gaze that glazed his sharp green eyes. "They are worried about you", he says. "You should clean yourself up and go see to them. Not mess around to have a smoke."

     "I will I will... as soon as I finish this smoke."

      "Midoriya."

Izuku groans like a child and puts the cigarette out of the cement wall. "Fine, I guess you're right Aizawa-san. I just...did not want them to see me in such a unstable state of mind."

      "Being with them should make you feel at ease."

      "Heh, yeah." Izuku stands up and stretches his arms above his head. A satisfied sigh seeps out from his mouth. "Maaan~, Shouchan made me stop smoking a while ago, for my health or something like that. I wanted to enjoy it before I went back. But I better keep up the good work and not go back to my old habit."

      "Be glad someone even gives a damn about you besides your mother."

      "Aww~, you care about me too."

"The hell I do."

🍷

Shouto jerks when he hears the door open. Naomi is still fast asleep in his lap, his hand running through her fluffy curls. Izuku appears in the foyer and peeks into the living room. Flashing Shouto a dashing smile that makes his heart melt and feel at ease. "I'm sorry I kept you worried. I had some business to take care of." Izuku sits next to Shouto and puts his arm around his shoulders. "What kind of business", Shouto asks. He couldn't sleep, not until he figured out why their house was targeted.

Izuku doesn't answers, but opts to plant a chaste kiss to his forehead. "It's a secret. I don't want you to worry about it."

"I can't sleep", Shouto huffs in irritation. "Not until I figure out why those people seemed to be after us." He sits still when Naomi shifts in her sleep. She goes still once more though, mumbling under her breath. Izuku reaches over and scoops his daughter up into his arms. "Shh, let's not wake Naomi up."

He's hiding something. Shouto follows Izuku with the sleeping girl. They head past their bedroom and into a pink and white themed room made perfectly for a little girl. Izuku walks over to the bed and sets Naomi down gently. Shouto makes his way over and covers her up with blankets and puts a stuffed animal in her arms. He kisses her forehead. "Goodnight sweetheart", he whispers. Izuku leans in and gives her a kiss as well. "Love you princess." They quietly head out of the bedroom and Shouto closes the door behind himself.

"Why won't you tell me what you were still doing back at the house?"

"Shouchan~, can't you just trust me?"

"You're making it very hard to do so at the moment." They step into their room. Izuku still doesn't give Shouto a complete answer and it was starting to bother him. Their relationship was supposed to be built off of trust. He understands that Izuku worked a dangerous job. But whatever it was that lead up to the incident from earlier could help Shouto prevent something from happening to his child. "I just want to protect you", Izuku says. He unbuckles his belt and pulls the button from his pants. "I don't want you to worry 24/7."

"I-I get that", Shouto stutters. He turns his head away to avoid watching Izuku get undressed—it didn't matter to him if he's seen what was underneath those expensive clothes. Shouto feels the bed dip while he pulled the comforter over himself. His cheeks filled in with a red color seeing Izuku shirtless. "Like what you see~?"

"Tch, you're just shirtless. And only wearing basketball shorts. Nothing special." Shouto had mumbled the last bit of his sentence under his breath. Izuku gets under the heavy blanket and pulls Shouto in close. "Such a tsundere. But it's okay, I love that side of you."

"What? I'm not a tsundere! I just don't care that you're shirtless."

"Heh, sure. Now c'mon doll, get some rest for me." Shouto moves around a little to get comfortable in Izuku's hold. He glances up at the man, seeing him open and close his eyes. Izuku was definitely fighting off sleep. The warmth from their bodies made Shouto feel tired. And the feeling of worry and curiosity as to what those intruders' purpose was slipped from his mind and was replaced with welcoming sleep.

🍷🍷🍷

"Mommy! Daddy!"

Izuku jolts awake which wakes up Shouto. The calls continue and the two adults get up out of bed. Izuku roughly opens their door and there Naomi stood, down the hall holding a plush monkey as she bawled her eyes out. "Princess! What's the matter?" He jogs up to her and picks her up. Naomi wrapped her arms tightly around him and continued to wail. "I-I had a dream that–hic! You and mommy were dead. And w-wh-when I woke up I couldn't—hic! Find youu~!!!"

      The greenette could feel his heart squeeze. Seeing his little girl so upset made him feel miserable. Shouto steps in, a reassuring smile on his face. "Aww, you have a bad dream baby", Shouto asked as he cups her freckled cheek. Naomi leans into his hand and nods. Tears continuing to fall down her cherubic face. "Come on. You can sleep with me and daddy." He gently takes Naomi from Izuku and heads toward their bedroom and into bed. Izuku joins them right after and pulls the cover over them. "You guys won't go anywhere. Will you", Naomi asks in a hushed voice.

     "Don't worry princess, mama and I aren't going anywhere." Izuku kisses her cheek and drapes an arm over his lover and daughter. The redhead turns to face the greenette and cuddles him a bit. Shouto stays awake. It was hard to go to sleep for him once again. Are we really safe here with you? Shouto glances up to Izuku, seeing him cut his eyes up and flash him a smile. Are we safe...even though you won't tell me why we have to hide here?