Chapter 29🥀 Them

Naomi's sobs had settled down, leaving her sniffling as she sat on the floor with her legs folded in a W-shape. Tamaki was so thankful for that. His stress level already straight to the roof. He turns his head to the child. Her small hiccups and whimpers tugged at his heart strings. She didn't deserve this. And neither did her mother. But he couldn't go against his boss. She's given him everything since he was a kid. Wonderful food, a warm place to stay, and people to care about. He usually wasn't this tender hearted about situations like this. But now that Tamaki was thinking more about his morals, he despised himself.

       "Tama-nii", Naomi whimpers. Her small voice wakes him from his daze. She stands up and walks over to him. She grabs his hand and holds onto his fingers. "Pwease help daddy. We want to ge' to mama."

Tamaki's heart thumped in agony. How could he tell a pleading child that he had no way of helping her?

"I-I...I um."

"Please help him! I wanna ge' to mommy!" Naomi's tears were beginning to resurface. The indigo haired man shakes his head and stoops down to her level. "Hey hey", he says softly to not scare he. "Don't cry. I...um...l-look. I want to help but I'm...not in the right position to do so. B-b-besides, there are too many dangerous things happening right about now. I don't want to get you hurt and cause your parents to be upset with me for being irresponsible."

Naomi rubs her fist over her left eye to get rid of the tears trickling down her ruddy cheek. She then wiped at her second eye. It didn't help much as more tears fell freely. She wasn't asking for much. She just wants a way home to get to Shouto.

More than likely the man was at a hospital being treated. Which hospital? He had no clue obviously. And he barely knew the others at the Midoriya mansion. "Naomi." She wailed as soon as he said her name. Uuhhh. How do I get through to her to help her calm down?! Tamaki felt like crying himself, albeit he was in a infamous mafia.

"O-okay. Okay...Naomi. I'm...I'm going to find your dad."

Naomi lifts her head up and stares at Tamaki with curious eyes. The emotion washes over with ease as she smiles wide. "R-really? You will?"

"M-Mhm. I need you to stay put in here. And stay low to the floor." Tamaki stands up and walks over to the closet. He slides the doors open and moves a few things around. He beckons the child over, who obeys immediately, and sets some blankets on the ground. "Sit here", he whispers. Naomi does as she's told and looks up at Tamaki with innocence. Tamaki smiles down at her. "P-please don't move from this spot. Stay in here until you here this knock." He knocks to demonstrate the sound she should look for.

Knock,

Knock knock,

Knock.

       A pause was in between each of them. Naomi nods her head to confirm what she understood. After Tamaki felt that she'd be okay, he stands up. "If you here any loud, strange noises, do not come out. Got it?"

        "Mm. D-Don't stay out too long."

After that, he smile once more before sliding the door shut. I know it's a bad idea to leave her behind. But the faster I find a way to get her out, the safer she'll be from here.

🥀🥀🥀

       "Shouto", Nejire says. "We can't allow you to go there. Not with your condition—."

      "What condition? Besides the fact that I've been burned; I am fine."

"Sho, c'mon don't be difficult", Mina pleaded. "We aren't trying to be mean to you. We just feel that it's in your best interest to stay put."

"How can you just tell me what is best for me and what's not!?"

      The room falls eerily silent. Nobody spoke a word. Afraid to set an alarm on anyone. But Ochako was the first to speak up and say something reasonable. She grabs his hand and covered it with hers. "Shouto. We don't want anything to happen to Naomi...but we especially don't want anything to happen to you too. She wouldn't forgive us. And neither would Midoriya. I-I know that you don't want to hear anything about Midoriya–", she adds when Shouto turns his head away from her, disgruntled. "I've only known him for a short while. But I can tell that he loves you. So much so that he wouldn't make the same mistake twice."

        "..." She's not wrong about my well-being. But just sitting here feels wrong after I wasn't able to keep Naomi safe–.

"You can't beat yourself up about that! It wasn't your fault that that bitch just broke in and terrorized you. And it's not your fault that Midoriya was being careless about your safety!" Mina's shout wakes Shouto up. He didn't even know that he had said that aloud. He could see tears trickle down her cheeks. "Don't you understand that we all are worried? Y-You can't be in the dumps about something that wasn't your fault."

   There's a knock on the door. All of them look in the direction of the noise before Shouto gave the command to enter. The door creaks open. Momo, Mina, and Ochako look in shock and back away to give space. When Shouto saw why the women seemed so surprised, he was also starstruck by the unexpected guests.

      There with Fuyumi were Touya, Natsuo, Rei, and Enji. His mother, father, and two brothers. The rest of his family that he had lost contact with after he ran away.