Chapter 4🍷 Fired & the Deal

"So wait", Mina says as she sets her strawberry lemonade down. "You're telling me that your ex dropped by and now he won't leave?!"

Todoroki sighs, his mismatched eyes watched the green tea in his cup swish around. "Yep. That's what I'm saying."

"Hun. Why don't you just call the cops?"

"I don't want all the extra trouble. And Midoriya knows how to get himself out of situations when he runs into the law." The two of them were sitting outside at a cafe enjoying their lovely hour lunch break with each other. Todoroki had told Mina about everything that happened yesterday since he felt he could only trust her and two other people. "Why is he so desperate anyways?"

"He saw Naomi yesterday...so I had to tell him about her", Todoroki says softly, "now he's determined to get us back to Tokyo. Says he 'wants his family back', or whatever."

"Well he should give up because y'all ain't goin anywhere." Todoroki giggles at Mina's stern words. "Wish he would, but when Midoriya has set his mind onto something he isn't going to give up easily."

"Mm, I hate those types of men."

"That's because you're used to having pipsqueaks as boyfriends and then running them over."

"Hush Sho."

Arms wrap around Todoroki's shoulders. Next his bun is loosened and his hair falls into his face. He giggles since he knew who had done that. "Hey Bakugou." He feels a kiss be pressed to the top of his head. "Hey Icyhot. Sup raccoon eyes."

"I don't get it. Why do you keep calling me that? I don't look like a damn raccoon." Bakugou takes a seat in the third chair and leans back. "How's the little brat", the blond asks Todoroki. The androgynous man shakes his head but he still had a smile on his face. "Naomi is good. She's at school right now."

     "God I'm glad those days are over", Bakugou grumbled.

      "But now you have to worry about get'n ooollld", Mina coos.

      "Shut your ass up."

      Todoroki laughs along with Mina. His phone buzzes from a text message. He looks down at the phone to see his boss said there was going to be a emergency meeting. Todoroki stands up and puts some money on the table. "I'll see you guys later. Boss is calling for an emergency meeting."

     "I can drop you off", Bakugou says.

     "Thanks, But I think I should be able to make it. Bye guys."

      "Bye."

"See ya!"

      There were staff members already inside of the meeting room. Todoroki felt his heart pound since he thought he was late. He never liked to be late. "Good. Now everyone is here", their boss says, "have a seat Todoroki." He takes a seat a little ways from his boss. Emergency meetings were rare, and when occurred, someone people got laid off. "I know you all are wondering why you're here", the man says, "and it's clear to me that some of you are nervous. And what you are probably thinking is correct, I'm laying you guys off."

"What!? That's crazy", a man with blue hair and sliver framed glasses shouts. He was from a different department but Todoroki remembers his name being Iida.

"I understand that this is heartbreaking", the other man says calmly. "But I'm afraid I must do this. The stock market is slowly deteriorating. And with that I can't keep a lot of you guys here. You should be glad I'm doing this before we could possibly be shut down."