× Chapter Thirty Seven: Naked Eye ×

Mal shot upright, coughing hysterically as she gasped for air

Mal shot upright, coughing hysterically as she gasped for air. She felt a hand grasp her shoulder and another rub her back gently. She looked up, seeing Padme beside her and she sighed weakly.

"Padme...what.." Mal began looking at her with wide eyes. "Mal..don't say anything..save your strength.."

"What..where's Ahsoka..and the others..?" Mal asked weakly while climbing up to her feet, Padme helping her. "I'm here, Mal.." They heard while looking and seeing Ahsoka stumble towards them.

"Woah..you look like crap.."

"Thanks. You too.." Mal laughed weakly, a weak smile displayed on her face. However, it quickly dropped. "This is..my fault.."

"Mal..it's not your fault..none of this is.." Padme assured, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder plate. Mal slightly shrugged it off, looking up at her, a shameful look on her face. "But it is, Padme..I was right there..I could have..stopped that droid.."

"Nobody saw it coming, kid.." Wolffe said while approaching with Rex. "But I did..Wolffe. That's the thing.."

"Another vision?" Rex asked while coughing into his elbow. "Not exactly. I saw this person. They said that...I had to let the bomb go off. That..I wouldn't make it in time..to stop the bomb. But..regardless..I should have tried..anyway. Maybe I could have..prevented all of this. Now, I'll die knowing I couldn't save you gu..-" Before Mal could finish, she fell forward, Wolffe quickly catching her and holding her in his arms.

"She okay?" Rex asked when coming up beside him. Mal opened her eyes, her vision growing a bit white and fuzzy and in the mix of it was a figure. Mal's eyes went wide, seeing her Torguta friend in her white cloak again, holding her staff. "They're here, Mal..you guys are okay."

"They're here?" Mal whispered, a smile slowly forming on her face. "Who are you.." Rex began before he followed her gaze. Rex's eyes went wide, seeing a faint image of an older Ahsoka standing not too far away from him. "Ahsoka?"

The younger Ahsoka turned around, also seeing a faint image of herself and her eyes went wide also, backing away slightly. "You're..me?"

"Yes. From the future. It's hard to believe that I was this innocent. But..that's besides the point. Anakin and Obi-Wan are here. They're finding a way inside. Hang tight, you'll be out soon."  Older Ahsoka explained, younger Ahsoka and Rex both looking at each other before looking back at the older Ahsoka.

"How do...you know?" Rex asked while older Ahsoka looked his way. "I remember Mal fainting in Wolffe's arms and we all thought she was dead. Then Anakin and Obi-Wan found a safe way in and ourselves and Naboo were safe." Ahsoka explained.