× Chapter Twenty One: Don't Die ×

------------------------------------

"Those clankers sabotaged our transmitter and they hard-wired rhe all-clear signal. It'll take time to repair." Echo said as Mal looked at him.

"We don't have time."

"Look." Cody pointed out a large ship that was beginning to land and Mal knew they weren't just going to handle 8 or 10 droids. They would have to deal with almost a whole battalion.

"Well, buddy, you always said you wanted to be on the front lines." Fives mumbled to Hevy as Hevy shook his head, knowing his brother was right. But this was going to be intense.

It was going to be a fight to the death.

"We can't protect the outpost long against that army of clankers." Cody said as Mal nodded, looking at the army of droids down below.

"Then we'll destroy the outpost instead." Rex said, sharing his idea that he told Mal about with the others. Cody and the others looked at him in shock and disbelief before they looked to each other.

"But, sir, our mission is to defend this facility at all costs." Echo explained.

"We have to warn the Republic about the invasion." Rex retorted as Mal butted in:

"Rex is right. If we destroy this base, the fleet will get the message that something is wrong. Right now, they think that the outpost is all-clear. But really it's not."

"That's right. When they stop receiving our beacon, they'll know something's wrong." Fives said in realization as Mal looked to Rex.

"We'll need every thermal detonator in the inventory."

"It'll take more than a few detonators to destroy this outpost." Hevy began as Mal sighed resting her head in her hand.

"We could use the LT! This moon freezes for over half the year. We us liquid tibanna as fuel to heat the base." Echo explained as Mal looked to Rex and Cody.

"Um..liquid tibanna?"

"Liquid tibanna: highly explosive." Mal's eyes lit up in realization and curiosity as Cody said this before Rex said,

"Good. Bring the tanks here and prime the detonators."

-----------------------------------

Mal helped Rex and Hevy move the liquid tibanna to the control room, Mal continuously looking at Hevy, thinking back to her visions.