× Chapter Two: Evacuated ×

-----------------------

Maleshei stared at the screen on the control panel as the cruiser soared through hyperspace. She couldn't get the thought that they were about to encounter the Separatist General himself.

She was scared. She heard from Plo Koon that there were no survivors when the Malevolence used their new weapon. She was terrified and she knew that she needed to keep a clear mind.

"Master Plo? Is it okay if I take a moment to meditate?" She asked while looking up at her Master. "Of course. A clear mind will be needed. Wolffe, can you escort Maleshei to her prepped quarters?"

"Yes, sir. Follow me, sir." Wolffe said before Maleshei followed beside him, leaving Plo Koon to contact the Defender.

-----------------------

"You okay, sir?" Maleshei heard Wolffe asked as she looked at him. "I'm...feeling distraught. I mean, I've been on this cruiser for more than an hour and I'm already worried something bad's going to happen."

"Yeah. I got that feeling, too. But, don't worry. If there's one thing I do know, we clones can handle any attack that will be thrown our way. It's what we're born for." Wolffe commented, causing Maleshei to look down at her hands.

"I know Jedi aren't suppose to form attachments, but in the short time I've been here, I feel some kind of connection. Like a urgency to protect you guys. I don't know.." Maleshei mumbled, catching Wolffe off guard. His widen gold-brown eyes looked down at the Padawan before he concentrated his attention back to the hallway they were walking.

"Um...that's nice..of you to say, sir." Wolffe mumbled, unsure of how to respond to what he heard. He didn't think the Jedi really cared about the clones. He thought they only saw them as soldiers of war.

But hearing this young Padawan say that, it made him feel confused, strange. His thoughts were interrupted when an alarm went off. Maleshei looked up from her hands and around their surroundings, seeing clone troopers racing through the hallways.

"Trooper! What's going on?" Wolffe asked as a clone trooper stopped in front of them. "The Malevolence is about to attac-" A rumbling had interrupted the clone trooper and Maleshei was knocked straight into Wolffe. They both landed on the ground, groaning softly before Wolffe got up, helping the Padawan up as he did.

"We need to get out of here now!" Wolffe exclaimed to both Maleshei and the clone trooper. "What about my Master?"

"We'll find him. But we have to get out of here." Wolffe said while the trooper took off down the hallway and Wolffe and Maleshei made their way back to the command center.

On their way there, debris began to fall in different places. Some they narrowly missed, some taking them different ways. Just as they turned a corner, the ceiling began to fall on top of them and Wolffe began to slow down, knowing they weren't going to make it.

However, Maleshei had other plans. She force pushed Wolffe through the debris with her left hand, while using her right hand to hold up debris. Red flares began to fly from her hand as it circulated the ceiling debris. Wolffe saw this and he couldn't believe his eyes. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

He's seen some incredible things, but this was by far the best one yet. He also noticed that her eyes were glowing red.

' That's not something you see everyday. ' He thought as he watched her walk right underneath the debris before letting it go, causing it to drop instantly when she did.

"No more detours. We better hurry!" Maleshei exclaimed as Wolffe got to his feet and they continued to run towards the command center. "H-How did you do that?"

"It's a gift I've always had. I'll explain later!" Maleshei said as Wolffe and herself came to a stop just in time to see Plo Koon opening the command center doors.

"Maleshei, Commander! We're evacuating to the escape pods! Let's go!" Plo Koon shouted as Maleshei and Wolffe followed him down the hallway towards the escape pods. Just as they got there, Maleshei saw two more clone troopers approach.

"Boost, Sinker! Get on one of the pods now!" Wolffe ordered before the two troopers nodded and ran to the nearest pod.

"What about the others?" Maleshei asked as she looked back at some of the troopers who were still onboard.

"They are the ones who are willing to die with the ship because they refuse to leave." Plo Koon said while placing a hand on the Padawan's shoulder. Hee heart sunk when she heard this and her eyes softened.

She knew that they chose to do this, but she felt a pinch of guilt in her chest, thinking that she'll still be alive and all these troopers would be dead.

She shook her head before walking into the pod, Plo Koon following after her before the doors closed.