× Chapter Twenty Nine: Protected ×

------------------------

"Rex? How are we looking?" Mal asked once herself and Anakin approached Rex, who stood on top of the pods keeping watch. "They're holding position." Rex replied while taking the scopes away from his eyes

"They're not going to charge us, not if they can hit us from long range first. But if wr can withstand that weapon, we'll draw them in." Anakin explained as Mal looked at him then back at the shield generators.

"You're going to turn the shield generators on just in time for the blast to be fired so it protects the village. Great idea, Master." Mal summed down as she looked back towards the pods.

"Incoming!" Rex shouted while jumping off the pods. A blast had been shot and it wad headed straight for them. Mal quickly ran over to Aayla and Bly before exclaiming,

"Power the shields! Now!"

Aayla and Bly turned the shield generators on, Mal watching as it shot up a protective barrier around the village. Mal ran up to Ahsoka, Anakin, and Rex's side and watched the capsule exploded on the land outside and the fires began to spread towards the shield. But instead of passing through the shield, the fires went around it, burning the trees and grass surrounding the shield.

"We're okay." Mal said while looking to Ahsoka, who nodded and smiled with her.

"Now they'll have to get their hands dirty and meet us face-to-face." Anakin explained as the three nodded. The four of them jumped over the pods and looked to see an army of droids approaching them.

"That's a lot of-" "-clankers." Ahsoka began but Mal finished her sentence and both turned to each other, giggling softly.

"We've got to stop them before they get through that shield." Anakin ordered as Mal and Ahsoka nodded to him and the four, now joined with Aayla and Bly, stood their ground outside the shield, the two officers holding their blasters in place while the four Jedi held a fighting stance.