× Chapter Six: Escape ×

-----------------------

Maleshei made her way up to the cockpit, her curiosity getting the better of her as she walked in. She saw Plo Koon and Ahsoka talking with someone, but their chair was turned.

She grabbed their attention by asking, "What's going on?"

"We need to shut down the power to the ship. Anything with power will draw a signal." Plo Koon said to her while Ahsoka and whoever the other person was started shutting off the power to the ship.

Maleshei felt a tap at her calf and looked down to see a R2 unit at her side, beeping excitedly as it did. "Maleshei! Turn the droid off."

"You got it, Master. Sorry, little guy." Maleshei mumbled before turning the R2 unit off. Maleshei watched a darkness sweep over the entire ship, looking outside to see the enormous Malevolence right over top of them.

Maleshei's eyes went wide when she saw the size of it. It was a bit larger than the cruiser she was on and there were sharp edges on the structure of the ship, making it look scarier.

Maleshei almost had let a breath of relief flow from her mouth when she realized the Malevolence didn't see them. But when she heard the medical droid behind her talk, her heart immediately stopped.

"Kriff! We forgot to turn the medical droid off!" Maleshei cursed before the mystery person dropped the power back on to the ship. As the power came back on, the ship took off quickly, Maleshei bracing herself so she wouldn't fall back as they did.

The ship began flying through the debris field. There was larger pieces of debris that were in the way and Maleshei decided to help ease the travel.

Using the force, she began moving debris out of the way, making it easier for the ship to pass through. Plo Koon had noticed this and he internally had complimented her. He knew the moment wasn't the right one, so he kept it to himself until after.

"Master! We have a clear shot for hyperspace! We have to hurry!" Ahsoka shouted as the scanners began to beep out of control. "Okay! Hang on! We're jumping!" The mystery person shouted before the ship went into hyperspace.

-----------------------

"We made it." Maleshei said once she made her way back to the clones. Boost and Sinker had let out a laugh of relief while Wolffe nodded in relief. "My guess is we're heading to the Defender?" He asked as Maleshei nodded.

"Yes. They're going to treat you guys once we get there."

"Sir? Thanks." Sinker said while Boost nodded. "For what?"

"For helping us believe that we can survive, even when we felt we wouldn't." Boost replied, smiling at Maleshei as she did. She smiled back before she looked down at her hands.

"Sometimes, if we believe, good things will come from it. I didn't believe we would make it either, but Master Plo has a lot of faith in you. And even though he just met me, I can tell he has faith in me, too. And that's why we're here." Maleshei stated looking back at the three clones.

"Wise words coming from a youngling." Sinker said with a laugh before Maleshei playfully glared. "I will end you, Sinker. Wait till we get to the Defender."

"Ooh..I can't wait." Maleshei giggled softly before the four of them sat back and talked while waiting to get to the cruiser.

-----------------------

"No way! You got Master Anakin Skywalker?!" Maleshei exclaimed to Ahsoka while they watched Plo Koon and the mystery person, Anakin Skywalker, talk amongst themselves.

"Yeah. Although, it was a little crazy when we first met.." Ahsoka said while she began fooling around with the R2 unit. "So, what's the little guy's name?"

"R2-D2. But my Master and I call him R2. He's our little bundle of joy." Ahsoka said while hugging the droid. "Nice to meet you, R2. So, now that we got that out of the way, how have you been? I haven't seen you in almost 2 years."

"I've been good. They had to pull me out of training because I was becoming a little too advanced for the other training. The Jedi Council decided to do their own training with me." Ahsoka explained, Maleshei nodding while listening. Maleshei felt good to see Ahsoka again.

As a Padawan. And as a best friend.

Jedis aren't suppose to form attachments, but Ahsoka is her friend. And she was glad to see she was okay, because even though Ahsoka was alive, there was a slight tug of guilt on her chest that reminded her a lot of her past.