× Chapter Twenty Seven: Neutral ×

------------------------------

"General Secura! We have to go! A Separatist ship is inbound!" Rex said while himself and Mal approached Aayla, Bly, and Ahsoka. "What?! But Master Skywalker and Mal aren't well enough yet!" Ahsoka exclaimed as Mal shook her head.

"I don't think it matters now, 'Soka. We have to leave." Mal said as she looked from Rex to Ahsoka. "Maleshei is right. Commander, you and Captain Rex help get Skywalker out of the tent. Ahsoka, see if we can get any more supplies. We'll need them for them both. Maleshei, help her."

"Yes, Master. Come on, 'Soka."

------------------

"What menace have you brought to our village now, Jedi?" The Lurmen leader, Tee Watt Kaa, accused as Ahsoka turned to him.

"Father, you can't blame them." His son retorted. "He's right. The Separatists don't even know we're here."

"And they can't know. We've got to go now." Aayla said as Ahsoka nodded and threw their bag of supplies on her back.

"Your presence here endangers us. You must leave before your enemies find you."

"But you'll need our help! You can't fight them alone." Ahsoka tried to reason as Tee Watt Kaa shook his head.

"We will not fight them at all. We would rather die than to kill others."

"You're going to surrender? But how can you-" Before Ahsoka could finish, Anakin grunted and sat up slowly.

"Ahsoka, stop. If the Lurmen want to remain neutral, we won't force them into war." Anakin simply said as Ahsoka hung her head slightly.

"See to it that they leave. I must see what our new visitors want." Tee Watt Kaa finished before leaving, just as Mal and Rex came towards the tent, their supplies packed and on Rex's back.

"What was that all about?" Mal asked as Ahsoka crossed her arms. "He believes we brought the Separatists here and now he wants us to leave. We tell we can help them fight off the Separatists but he'd rather surrender."

"Well, I hate to admit it, but they are neutral. We can't interfere with it." Mal said in disappoint, understanding how Ahsoka felt about this.

--------------------

"Why are they tearing apart our homes? We've done nothing to them." Wag Too exclaimed as Ahsoka and Mal glared at the droids.