× Chapter One: New Padawan Learner ×

-----------------------

"Padawan Trek, we're about to land. Might want to strap in."

"Thanks, Max." The young Padawan was nervous. She was nervous to be on the field with her new Master for the first time. She hasn't seen her new Master yet, but she's about to.

She felt the sweat running down her forehead onto her eyebrow. Her hands fidgeting, but not noticeable to the clone trooper that was escorting her onto her new Master's cruiser.

'Hopefully I won't make a fool of myself.' She thought as the transport ship had landed with a soft thud. "We're here, sir. The General's waiting for you." The Padawan nodded before she got up from her seat and followed behind the clone trooper, Max, closely, afraid to lose him through the crowd of other clone troopers.

Her legs kept shaking the more steps she took closer and closer to the command center. She wanted to dart back to the ship and get out of there. But she knew that she would have to accept the fact that she's a Padawan now and that she will have to keep a clear head when in battle with her Master.

As they entered the command center, the eyes of all the clones, some in their armor, others in their cruiser officer uniform, laid their eyes on her, she felt their confusion, their uncertainty. This was the first time they were seeing a Padawan onboard their cruiser.

But, the young Padawan wasn't doing too well. She kept looking up from her feet to see if the clones were still staring at her. Some had went back to work, others continued to stare, still confused as to what a youngling is doing on the cruiser.

That all washed away when the door to the command center opened and the Padawan turned to see Jedi Master Plo Koon enter, his face lit up as he spotted the Padawan. If he wasn't wearing a mask on his face, you'd probably see a welcoming and warm smile on his face.

"Koh-to-yah, Master Plo Koon."

"Koh-to-yah, young one. I assume you are my new Padawan learner?" He asked still maintaining the bright face he wore earlier.

"Yes. My name is Maleshei Trek. I'm glad to be learning under you, Master Plo." The Padawan acknowledged, a warm look appearing on her face behind her mask, displaying her excitement yet nervous for being onboard.

"And I am glad to be teaching you, young Padawan. I can tell I'm going to see more light in the darkness of the war with you alongside me."

"That's very generous of you, Master." Maleshei said with slightly red cheeks before a clone approached him. "Sir, we're ready for the jump to hyperspace."

"Very good, Commander. Proceed to hyperspace." Plo Koon said before the cruiser jolted forward and arrived in hyperspace.

-----------------------

"Maleshei, I want you to meet Commander Wolffe of the 104th battalion." Master Plo said while moving aside for the clone from earlier to approach at the Jedi's side.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Commander Wolffe." Maleshei said, nodding to Wolffe as she did.

"Likewise, sir. Glad to have you onboard." Wolffe greeted back, but not before showing a small yet warm smile on his face. "So, what are we doing?"

"Our task is to track down the Malevolence, a Separatist ship commanded by General Grevious. Apparently, his ship has a new weapon that has left battles with no Republic survivors and nothing left to spare." Plo Koon explained grimly as Maleshei's eyes widened in fear and horror.

"That sounds horrible, Master."

"Indeed. It is. But we've tracked the ship to the Abregado System. Which is where we're heading right now." Plo Koon said as Maleshei nodded. "I'm ready to do what needs to be done, Master."

"We're not going to pursue the enemy, young Maleshei. We're simply tracking the ship and then reporting it back to the Jedi Council." Plo Koon corrected as Maleshei nodded once more. "Apologies, Master."

"No need to apologize. You are new to the art of war. It will also be something I will teach you while you're under my wing." Plo Koon added as Maleshei sighed through her mask, both looking back at the holo-map, staring intensely at the screen.