5. Christmas Has Come Early

As the squad came to terms with what Minnie had said, Agent Enyo was far more interested with the computer console Minnie had been working at. Specifically, the programmed path leading to the station's control center. Enyo found herself grinning. This pathway had few Klisk on it and passed the armoury. Perfect for them.

Tartarus and Anemoi were debating what to do with Minnie, but Enyo could not divide her brainpower. She tapped her chin, then pressed the green button on the console labelled "Help". On cue, the holographic woman appeared in front of Enyo.

'Hello, tiny blue woman,' Enyo said happily, 'I require your answers. Will you comply?'

Had Belle not been used to how certain people spoke, she would have accused Enyo of mocking her.

'Certainly, ma'am. Please provide your name for identification purposes.'

'Agent Enyo, Olympus Squad.'

'A connection cannot be made. However, I have records of Olympus Squad, so I will answer your questions.'

'What!?' Apollo cried incredulously, earning a grin from Enyo and a 'shush' from Anemoi.

'Very well, blue woman-'

'Belle'

'-my first question is, apart from those wearing our armour markers, how many other people are on board?'

Belle brought up the query's answer by making the green dots appear again. Several winked out, likely the members of Olympus, until twenty-five remained on the entire map. On the programmed pathway, there were six.

'Are they members of the Alliance of Three?'

'No, their markers indicate they are members of the Realmic Concord, like your prisoner.'

Tartarus and Thanatos drew their weapons and focused them on Minnie on that sentence, sparking resistance from Epione and Anemoi. Apollo and Cerberus stayed away from the argument.

'You heard the computer, she's an enemy of the Agency. We're literally being paid to kill her.'

'Thanatos, this woman is unarmed and not a threat!'

'Shows what you know, I still can't feel my jaw.'

'You broke her wrist!'

Enyo rolled her eyes, pulled her handgun out and fired at the ground. The sound reverberated off the metal, silencing everyone and focusing their attention of the scientist.

'The issue is not "should we kill her",' Enyo started,' 'the issue is "can we take her with us"? Anemoi, can we devote someone to keeping her under guard?'

Anemoi looked at his team. Tartarus and Thanatos had already made their positions known, and Apollo was not going to be much use without his armour. That only left Epione, Enyo, Cerberus and himself.

'Cerberus?' Anemoi asked hopefully.

Cerberus pushed his visor up, revealing the young man beneath. He barely looked twenty-five, but his smile seemed to be more contagious than Enyo's.

'Sure thing, boss. Saves me having to do actual work'

'There,' Enyo finished, 'You see? Problem is solved. Back to tiny, blue woman.'

'Belle.' the hologram corrected.

'Are these people armed and considered dangerous?'

Belle checked on the people walking through her corridors. 'Yes.'

'Do you have counter-measures to remove them in a not-dead fashion?'

'"Not-dead fashion?"' Epione repeated.