All x Reader [7]

After years in the Glade, close bonds were formed. Right now, Y/N, Newt and Minho were glad to have one another. Because, right now, each other was all they had. In each other was home, hope and safety.

Jumping out of a helicopter, running through sand and disorienting winds simply landed them here, to a large concrete facility where giant metal doors rolled shut as guns fired behind them. A man approached, began explaining things which held no real value seeing all of the Gladers were too adrift to pay attention. He asked they follow him, and so they did.

Y/N and Minho walked straight ahead behind Thomas and the others, shoulder to shoulder in uncertainty. Newt had straggled behind, occupied taking in his surroundings and trying to get his head back on his shoulders.

As he noticed his friends getting away, he quickened his pace to try and catch up. He still had his eyes elsewhere as he walked, catching glances of strange faces and things he didn't know existed.

Instinctively, like he'd been doing a lot lately, Newt reached out his hand in search of Y/N's. He was still too distracted looking around to pay attention to finding Y/N's hand, but he knew he would eventually.

When he finally did, Newt felt his heart steady ever so slightly and he felt grounded. His mind was no longer lost somewhere out there in the scorch, alone and afraid. He was with the people he trusted the most. The people he loved.

That hand in his own gave a tight squeeze back. A little stronger than what he was most used to, but he figured it was a sign she was just as worried as he was.

A sharp shooting pain radiated through Newt's nose and his body came to a sudden stop. He'd rammed straight into Minho's chest. When he looked down to find his own hand in Minho's, he knew why the runner stopped. Newt cringed a little. He really had just taken up Minho's hand as if it were Y/N's. That in itself didn't bother him. It was the fact that he'd been paying so little attention and that Minho was also very aware of the mistake Newt had made.

Minho tried to hold back a massive grin from breaking. "I mean if you wanna hold my hand for a change, I'd like that. But, I think you were looking for Y/N's."

Newt knit his brows together and closed his eyes in awkwardness once again. "Yeah, yeah I was." He muttered through his teeth.

The girl stood watching this whole situation unfold and laughed a little. She then reached out and put Newt's left hand back in Minho's while she grabbed his right.

The fact that Newt had reached out and was too lost in his own spiral of thoughts to realize who's hand he'd grabbed spoke for itself. He was scared. Panicking."Hey, we're gonna be okay. As long as we're together."

Newt's friends were too good to him. Minho was always a cocky ass who didn't care too much about hurting peoples feelings. And yet, in this moment, he was someone else entirely. Somedays, he forgot how emotionally in-tune Minho was and how it had been him who found Newt in the maze that day. And Y/N. Y/N always gave Newt all the time and care he needed. She would sacrfiactice days, nights, even weeks just to know he was alright.

Standing together, the three continued on their way, following the rest of the group. Things would be okay, like Y/N said, as long as they were together.