Minho [31]

A/N: Hey everyone!!! As promised, I just posted the first part to a new Minho x Reader story! So for anyone who's interested, it's now uploaded! 

Minho stormed past Newt who had been so busy helping tend to a boy with serious injuries, he'd missed the box coming up.

Pausing his quick walk across the Glade to go check on the commotion around the box, Newt eyed his friend with surprise. "Bloody hell man, what happened to you?"

Minho didn't even stop. "Nothing."

Newt had to double back to grab his friends arm to stop him. Minho didn't have 'nothing' going on. His face was covered in blood. His nose was still gushing. He couldn't stop the blood and it ran down his arms, leaving stains on his shirt and pants. "As if! You're a mess! Fess up, Minho."

Still not willing to talk, the runner shoved past Newt in frustration. Giving up, knowing it'd be impossible to get anything out of Minho when his defences went up like this, he thought it best to go investigate elsewhere.

Coming up on the box, Winston was pounding a fist against the ground, scream laughing. Gally had a machete held out out in a panic. Boys were scrambling, a mix of emotions all around. Newt didn't understand. That was, until the crowd broke and there was a girl.

"Gally!" Newt snapped. "Put he damn machete down! It's just a girl!"

Still panicking, Gally only shift his weight and held the knife more firm. It was like he was fending off against one of the beetle blades that made everyones skin crawl when they snuck around beneath feet.

"S-She punched Minho!" Gally cried.

"Yeah, so?" Newt scrunched his face in disbelief. "That's what you're holding her at knifepoint for? Shank probably deserved it."

Apologizing for his fellow Gladers, Newt knelt down between the girl and Gally. "No one's going to hurt you, alright? I think they're just a little spooked."

With Newt's kind words, he was able to calm everyone down and get the girl safely introduced to the Glade. She seemed like she was actually going to be quite the good fit, and in fact, a potential promising runner. Though, it seemed Minho and the girl had some things to sort out before that ever happened.

Newt had never seen the keeper of runners so off of his bases. It was like he was running around with a head cut off. He was a flustered mess, unable to keep his eyes away from the girl yet refused to step within fifty feet of her.

Tired of this issue, Newt had to devise a sneaky plan. It wasn't necessary the nicest thing he could do, but it seemed to be his only option.

"Hey, Minho." Newt pat the runners back who was sat sitting, eating his dinner, looking over some maps with a hand to his swollen nose. "I've got a favour to ask."

"Yeah?" Minho mumbled, still obviously focused on his work.

"Greenie here needs a hammock set up for the night and someone to hang out with for dinner. Think you can handle that?" Newt asked, ushering the girl to sit down beside him.

"Sure, sure." Minho waved Newt off.

For a while, the girl sat awkwardly beside the runner. At first, he really intimidated her. As she'd observed during the day, he was just a nervous wreck.

"Blah blah new hammock for the greenie," Minho muttered, finally shoving away his papers and stretching his back, arms over his head. He turned to look to the greenie.

"AH!" He screeched. Minho, as if he hadn't been dehumanized enough already today, shot out of his seat and went thumping right down into the grass. He scrambled to get himself to his feet, dusting himself off with a horrified expression. "S-Sorry, there was a spider—beetle blade—whatever."

"You forgot I was the greenie, didn't you?" The girl tilt her head, squinting from the sun.

"No." Minho scoffed. "I did not."

"Look," The girl laughed. "I'm sorry I punched you. But I woke up with no memories to your face right in front of mine, and I was a little freaked out."

"What's wrong with my face?" Minho pout.

"Not what I meant." Y/N rubbed a hand over her brow in exhaustion. "Can we start over? Newt said you could tell me about the maze and being a runner?"

Suddenly, Minho's demeanour seemed to shift. He could talk about the maze forever. It was something he knew well and didn't have to worry about making himself look stupid in front of this intriguing stranger.

"Alright, c'mon." He grabbed his dishes and the stacks of paper. "Let's go check it out."

Newt passed by the pair as they walked to the maproom. Minho made quite the obvious gesture toward Newt, a hand slicing across his throat. But Newt waved lightly with a sarcastic smile. He was going to kill Newt for this. Then again, maybe not.