Gally [20]

"Good morning, Gally!" Y/N smiled, eyebrows raised as she bolted toward Gally early this morning, obviously running a couple minutes late as usual.

Taken by surprise, having been walking with his eyes lowered to the dirt, kicking at stones, Gally jolted in shock. "Oh he-hi." He stammered as he watched the girl whiz past. "Oh Y/N—"

The boys arm was outstretched in hopes of catching her attention. Unfortunately, she'd already gotten too far and his desperate attempt to catch her had been long escaped. Self-conscious and unwilling to speak up, Gally once again lowered his gaze and continued on his journey to the builders corner of the Glade. The plans he'd been harbouring in the back of his mind for a couple of weeks would just have to be pushed back another day. Or, however long it was until he finally worked up the nerve to speak to her.

Working away, Gally always lost track of time and the world around him. It was like everything silenced and he could just exist. That was why he was a builder. The job was mostly conflict free and he spent most of the day alone. After a long day of working, Gally finally had a full sized room built. It was the start to his new building where he'd be able to work on blueprints during the day out of the blinding and boiling sun. Today was actually going quite well until someone decided to stop in and bother him.

Looking for Newt, Winston wandered into Gally's new hut. He wasn't surprised to find Gally in here alone instead, but he was surprised to see the builder seemingly stuck with his thoughts as he stared at some blank paper. Even stranger, in the corner of the room, a blanket haphazardly covered a stack of something. Chuck wattled in, bumping into Winston, probably also looking for Newt. Immediately, Winston dragged Chuck outside and held his shoulders.

"Chuck, I've got a plan." Winston snickered to himself.

"A plan...? Why? Do you know where Newt is?"

"We'll find Newt later. Right now, we need to see what Gally is trying to hide from us all." Winston peered inside the hut to make sure Gally was still distracted. "I'm going to talk to Gally and you're gonna pull the blanket off of that thing in the corner. Got it?"

"Ah..." Chuck felt himself grow a littler nervous. "Okay."

Determined to reveal the builders plans, Winston stomped his way back into the hut with Chuck on his heel. This time, he was trying to make sure Gally knew he was there.

The builder suddenly jolt out of his daydream and eyes lift up to meet Winston's. Gally continued to tap the pencil he held against his lips as he raised a brow at the slicer.

"How you doin', Gally?" Winston tried to play it cool, watching as Chuck snuck across the back of the room.

Confused, Gally tensed. Something had to be up. "Since when did you care?"

"Eh...since I stopped feeling like working for the day." He shrugged.

Gally snapped, shooting a harsh glare back at Winston. "Don't you have better things to be doing? Even if it's not work?"

"I mean, yeah. But I don't want to do them." Winston groaned.

"It's paint?" Chuck, instead of just seeing what was under that blanket and getting out, decided to vocalize it to the world.

Gally's expression fell and he leapt out of the chair. He scrambled to cover up the stack of pails with the blanket and shooed Chuck away. "What are you shanks doing? Get out of here."

"Why you got paint?" Winston asked. "Better question, why you hiding it? Saving it for someone?" He teased innocently.

Gally's very sudden explosive reaction told Winston his thoughtless comment about that paint being saved for someone was actually the truth. No one ever hid things in the Glade unless they really wanted to keep it for themselves or they were saving it for someone they cared about.