All x Reader [11]

Honestly, what did they expect? What did they expect a girl, who had just woken up in a metal box flying upwards into darkness, with absolutely no memory, to do?

Did they expect her to smile and wave sweetly when that box opened up and she had dozens of unfamiliar faces staring down at her? Had they honestly thought that she was going to take the first hand that reached out to her, introduce herself as nameless, and start making friends?

Yeah. No.

Things had been far different. The girl hadn't exactly been fond of sticking around the second she head the first guy holler out 'IT'S A GIRL??!' Which was then followed by countless verbal remarks of confusion and surprise.

First, she had to get out. Out of this box and then out of their reach. And as confused and panicked as she was, the girl wasn't helpless. She could hold herself together enough to keep her head on straight and devise a plan.

She did end up taking a hand which helped her out of the box. The second she was out though? One of her fists went straight into the stomach of the guy who'd helped her out and she broke out into a sprint. After she'd thrown her arm into the boys stomach, the crowd seemed to part just for her. How convenient.

It took a few seconds, but that guy she'd sucker punched in the guts caught his breath and started screaming out after her. She wasn't sure what he was saying, but he didn't exactly sound too happy. In a way, she felt bad. But, if these people were out to hurt her, it was best she got out of there before she found out the hard way.

She kept running. Tempted to look back, her mind strayed, leaving her legs to fly uncontrollably. She stumbled running over some uneven ground, sending her straight down onto her knees. They screamed and burned from the skin being torn away but she scrambled back to her feet with near to no time lost. No one seemed to be following her, at least not close enough to be heard.

Muscles aching, staring to run out of air, she kept moving for the split in the massive stone walls that encased this place. If there was any way out, any form of safety, a place of hiding, it was going to be in here. The transition from the grass to cold stone beneath her feet was harsh and sent waves of pressure up her shins. Though, she could move faster on the even ground. She only had to go far enough that she couldn't hear their voices any more.

She picked up the pace despite heaving for air, lungs burning. Just a little ways ahead, the long corridor she'd entered split off in two directions. For some reason, her gut told her to keel left. So, she did just that.

It seemed though that turning left had been a bad idea. A dead end, perhaps? Whatever it was had stopped her dead in her tracks, sending her straight back into the floor with a pain radiating from her nose.

Immediately, she reached up and hissed, grabbing her nose. Red ran over her fingers right away.

When she looked up to find what it was that had stopped her, nothing was there. Uhhh....

Someone groaned. She jumped up to her feet, spun around and then saw. It was another boy, now laying on the ground, hardly conscious. He had short brown hair, brown eyes, and was seemingly exhausted. Had he been running this place all day?

"Well nice job, you just knocked his shuck butt out." A voice piped up.

Again, the girl jumped and looked up, finding yet another boy standing across from her with his arms crossed. This one had a dark quiff of hair and a sarcastic smirk.

They didn't seem so much like a threat. The girl decided to try and find out what was going on now. If it turned out she was in a bad place, then taking on one guy and his unconscious friend was going to be a lot better than the dozens that wait back in that stone box for her.

"Uhhh—"

"Listen, I know Thomas was annoying the hell outta Newt," The guy moved forward a little cautiously so he could roll his friend, Thomas, over. "But I wouldn't pin Newt as the kinda guy to send somebody into the maze to take him out like this."

"What?" The girl, still trying to catch her breath and control her bleeding nose, scoffed.

The guy looked up and knit his brows. "You're new, huh? Just showed up in the box?"

She could only assume this box he was referring to was the screechy, unpleasant, ride from hell she'd just been on. "Yeah."

"Weird," Minho tilt his head. "Box should't be back up for another month."

"So you're not gonna kill me? I'm supposed to be here?" She asked.

"Kill you?" He almost laughed. Then, in the distance, from what could only have been the entrance to this maze, someone yelled. The boys expression twist in a way she couldn't quite place. "Well, not us, no. Seems as though you pissed of Gally. I'd keep an eye out."

"Yeah I punched him." She admit flatly.

"Enough to earn my respect," He snickered. "Now c'mon, let's get him back to the Glade."

The girl reached down and helped pick up Thomas. "The Glade? That's what you call that place?"

"Yeah, welcome home greenbean." He half smiled as they slung Thomas over their shoulders. "I'm Minho."

"Y/N."

"So, you showed up in the box and made a run for it? And no one caught you?" He eyed her curiously, trying to see around Thomas' drooping head.

"Not sure they even followed me."

Minho then noticed the cut up knees beneath the obviously fresh holes in her pants. Her breath had already recovered since her break into the maze. She seemed to be carrying Thomas like it was no problem.

"You're gonna make one hell of a runner." He muttered.

"A runner?" She asked.

Noticing they were close to the end of the corridor, stern faces awaiting them, the guy Y/N had punched still not too impressed. "We'll talk about it later. I think we've got a mess to handle first."

"Bloody hell!" Newt snapped, eyes flitting back and forth between Minho and Y/N. He'd had a long day to begin with, with the greenie running off and Gally stomping around in a fit. Now, they were returning from the maze with an unconscious Thomas. Worst of all, it seemed Y/N and Minho were already friends. The absolute last thing he needed was for Minho to find yet another curious, ambitions, mischievous accomplice. "What happened?!"

Minho went to speak, but Newt cut him off. "And you—" He point a finger at Y/N. "Did you do this?"

"Ha. Yeah." She sighed "Sorry."

"BUT!" Minho intervened before Newt lost his mind. Sure, Thomas had only been here for a couple days, but Minh could tell he and Thomas seemed to share something special. He was worried, that's all. "It was an accident. Greenie here is not deserving of the slammer."

"Maybe not for knocking Thomas out," Gally shoved in beside Newt through the crowd. "But she is for punching me in the gut!"

The girl rolled her eyes. "What did you expect me do to? I had no idea where I was or who I was and woke up to a bunch of guys with knives in my face!"

"She's got a point." Minho shrugged.

Flustered, Gally shift his weight and looked for anyone to support him. "Yeah, well, still—"

"Gally, quit it." Newt sighed and went to check on Thomas. "C'mon, let's get him to the medjacks. Looks like you could use some cleaning up as well."

Y/N wanted to argue that no, she didn't need tending to and that she was just fine. But, just as she was about to hopefully avoid any kind of bandaging, Minho started moving and raised his brows as if to say 'don't fight it, Newt here has a wild, overbearing mom persona he can whip out at any moment.'