Gally [16]

"Alright, Y/N." Gally grabbed the girls arm and pulled her aside gently. "You've had enough."

The girl, head in a frenzy, snapped her eyes up to Gally's. "I'm fine." She then looked across the fighting ring to that one shank who would never let her be.

Gally hated the guy. He had since him the day Y/N showed up here in the Glade and this slicer had been the first to make a rude remark. Y/N couldn't go a single day without him targeting in her one way or another. Somedays it was pestering her about how she couldn't pull her own weight and how she should be sent into the maze. Other days, the guy liked to holler out crude remarks that made Y/N visibly uncomfortable.

All Alby could do was tell him to stop. While almost everyone else in the Glade would have loved to come together and kick him into the dirt, they knew they couldn't.

Basically since she arrived, it was Gally's full time job to keep an eye on Y/N. She handled everything on her own and he never interfered. She wasn't defenceless. Actually, she was stronger in more ways than one than most of the boys here. But in case this slicer ever decided to pull something stupid that was going to put Y/N in serious danger, Gally wanted to be able to be there to help her.

Tonight, he was getting a little worried. This guy had set her off and she finally decided it was time to fight back. She knew she'd never get away with punching him out of the blue, but here in the ring, those same rules didn't seem to apply. She took her chance.

"No, you're not fine." Gally raised his brows and looked between her and the guy.

Neither of them were in good shape. Y/N's nose was bleeding, bruises starting to form all over the place. The guy had a black eye and bloody lip. Gally sighed.

"C'mon, Y/N." The guy teased. "Neither of us has actually been thrown out of the ring yet. Let's finish this."

"Hey!" Gally snarled. "Shut up, man."

"Awh," The slicer pout. "Big words for someone so insecure."

Gally froze. He almost threw himself into the fight. Yeah, the slicer was right. He was insecure. He was scared. The Glade was the only home he knew and didn't know how long it would last. He was afraid of showing how terrified he really was and instead forced himself to act tough, making everyone afraid of him so they couldn't work their way into his life.

The slicer laughed, standing up straighter. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Stupid, scared builder who doesn't have enough going on in his head to say anything back."

Gally didn't have anytime to react. Y/N exploded at those words thrown in Gally's direction and put all of her remaining energy into sprinting at the slicer. She rammed right into his body and sent him into the dirt, completely winded. He lay there a moment throwing his hands around in the air in a panic before his breath finally returned to him. As quick as possible, he stood up to avoid looking like a total fool.

No one was cheering at this point. Everyone stood and watched nervously.

"Don't talk about Gally like that." She took her chance to throw a handful of dirt in the guys face Gally hadn't even noticed she picked up.

Everyone surrounding the ring cringed. The slicer had managed to cover his face enough that after a few seconds he was able to clear his eyes.

Now, he was furious. Y/N had humiliated him in front of everyone.

Surprised at what she'd just done, the sudden flood of anger, Y/N was a little out of it. It had taken everything inside of her to do what she'd just done. In no way did she regret it, though.

She wasn't exactly expecting him to fire back so fast. The slicer now took his chance to kick Y/N's legs out from under her and she went straight down, head slamming on the ground. She exhaled sharply and tried to get to her feet but with a fist going straight for her head, she stood no chance. Everything started to fade, but she managed to get to her feet. The slicer was still struggling to breathe.

At this point, Y/N didn't care. If she was going to get in trouble from Alby, she was already there. She may as well make the best of this whole situation. With a last ditch effort, Y/N kicked straight up as hard as she could. Every single one of the boys surrounding the fight cringed and some even hollered out as if they knew the guys pain.

The slicer retched and was sent to his knees, wailing in agony. Listen, it wasn't exactly the fairest move to make because in no way could he launch the same attack back on Y/N. But things were desperate. She knew this was the one thing that would shut him down for good.

Her vision was still blurry. It only got worse once she knew the slicer was downed. She tried to stumble out of the ring but went down into the dirt before she could make it. All she saw before passing out was feet rushing toward her. After that, nothing.

A dry mouth woke her up. It was completely dark and the ground beneath her was cold. Her head though, pounding in agony, rest on something warm. Aching like she never had before, the girl forced herself to sit up.

She tried to clear her vision. Though it was dark, there was enough light from a torch left a few feet away to make out what was going on. Gally was here with her in the slammer. Great, she figured, so we did get in trouble with Alby.

Gally jolt awake to Y/N jabbing his leg. He quickly settled down. "Hey, you okay?" He asked.

"Ah, yeah." Y/N muttered. "Are you?"

Confused, Gally dart his eyes around. "Yeah, why?"

"What that guy said. It seemed like it really bothered you." She explained. "You sort of shut down."

"Ah," He ran his hands over his knees. "It's fine. Thanks for totally pummelling him."

Y/N laughed a little. "I hope it was worth it. Did Alby send us here?"

"Well, kinda." Gally leaned back. "He was pretty understanding of the whole thing. Actually, he was pretty happy for you. But he doesn't want this sort of thing to become a regular, so we've got two days in the slammer just to make it look like we're actually in trouble."

Y/N shrugged. "That's not too bad. What about the slicer?"

"Officially a slopper. Guess Winston had no idea what this guy was doing and got rid of him the second he found out." Gally smiled to himself a little. "Also, he's got tight rules. If he touches you or says anything like he used to, it won't end well."

"Huh." Y/N took in a deep breath. "Well, I guess that problem is solved then."

"Hopefully." Gally pursed his lips.

The pair sat awkwardly in silence for minute. Y/N drummed her fingers on her legs. "Don't listen to what he said, okay? It wasn't true."

Gally shift uncomfortably. "But it was. I am scared."

Y/N sensed a lot of sadness in him then. It was dark, she couldn't see it in his eyes, but she didn't have to. She knew. She'd known a long time. It was clear enough through the sound of his voice.

"Ok, give me your hand." Y/N said. She braved the pain which came from her aching body and reached out an arm, moving closer. He didn't object and she found his hand in the dark, intertwining fingers and holding his hand tight.

"You are the brightest, most thoughtful, caring person here. Don't start doubting yourself now." She admit quietly. "We're all scared. You're not alone."

Gally, with that hand in his, felt safer than he ever had. Now, he was staring to believe that it didn't matter if this place crumbled apart some day. As long as he had Y/N and the other people he cared about with him, home was no district place. It was something that would travel with him.

"Thank you." He forced out a broken whisper.