Chapter 58

3 MONTHS LATER

"We're leaving in ten minutes!!" I yelled out of my bathroom door. I walked back over to the mirror and quickly put in my diamond studs.

"Baby." I turned around to see August standing behind me. "Can you do this for me." He said, holding his tie. I chuckled and walked over to him, beginning to tie his tie for him.

"Thank you." He pecked my lips, causing me to smile. Ever since we started our couples conseling three months ago, things have been going pretty smoothly. We still have our bad days, but we're a work in progress. Right now we're on the road to recovering our relationship, and that's all that matters to the both of us.

"Is Aliyah dressed?" He nodded. "Yeah, all she has to do is put on her shoes?" I ran some ligloss over my lips and nodded. "Ok good, go help put them on, and make sure she puts on those dressy socks I layed out on the bed."

He nodded. "And is AJ back yet? We have to leave soon." He sighed. "Nah, Ariana called and said she was on the way back, but it's taking her so damn long." I sighed and slightly rolled my eyes.

"Ok, don't worry, Im sure he'll be here, did she make sure he bathed? Because all he has time to do is change his clothes." He nodded. "Yeah, she did."

"Good." Just then, the doorbell went off, signaling that Ariana and AJ was here. "You want me to get it?" I shook my head no.

"No, go help Aliyah with her shoes, and I'll get AJ dressed really quick." He nodded. "Ight, I'll meet you down stairs." I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my purse.

"By the way." I started. "You look good in that tux." He chuckled. "Alright na, don't start nothin you can't finish." I laughed and shook my head, before making my way downstairs.

I sped walked to the front door and looked out the peep hole, just to make sureit was AJ and Ariana. I quickly opened the door and smiled once I seen him standing there with his overnight back.

"Hey Miss Simone." He grabbed onto my legs, giving me a hug. "Hey AJ, you ready to go the wedding?" He nodded. "Yeah!" I chuckled. "Alright, go upstairs and start changing." He nodded before taking off up the stairs.

I turned to Ariana, who was still standing in the doorway. "....Thank you for bringing him back."

"Well I am his mother, it's my job too." She said. "Right.......Alright well...bye." I let out a weak smile before closing the door. Even after all these months Ariana still had a problem with me. She wouldn't even pretend to like me infront of AJ, which bothered me more than anything. I was way passed my issues with Ariana, she was the only one still holding onto them.

I sighed and held onto my dress before making my way upstairs to AJ's room. I could her Aliyah trying to persuade August to letting her wear a different pair of socks, causing me to chuckle to myself.

I pushed open AJ's door and smiled once I seen him, struggiling to get his shirt over his head. "You need some help?" He froze in place with his hands over his head and nodded.

I walked over to him and helped him get his shirt off. "I think the neck hole is to small." I chuckled. "I think your head is just really big." He frowned and touched his head. "It's okay, you get it from your daddy."

"Arms up."He held his arms up, letting me pull the shirt over his head. "Alright, put on your jacket and your pants and I'll clip on your bowtie." He nodded.

".....Aren't you gunna close youe eyes so I can change?" I chuckled and placed my hands over my eyes. "Ok, go ahead."

I stood there for a few seconds until he told me it was Okay. I grabbed his small jacket off the bed and helped him put it on. "You like your suit?"