Chapter 21

A WEEK LATER

"So have you found out anything yet?" I leaned back into Trey's couch and got comfortable. He took a deep breath before nodding his head yes. "I have." I sat up straight and frowned once I seen the worry on his face.

"Oh my god, don't tell me she's cheating on you." He shook his head no. "No, no it's nothing like that...."

"Well what is it?" I crossed my legs and waited for him to continue. "....Well, I tried asking her again why she wasn't excited about our child, and we got into a slight arguement about it." I sighed and shook my head.

"In the midst of the arguement, she admitted the real reason why she's been having a attitude towards me, and why she's not excited." I frowned. "Okay, what was the reason?"

"You." I held up my hand. "Excuse me?" He nodded. "Yeah, she's not a big fan of you." I frowned, confused as hell. "Well why not? And why am I the reason she's not happy about her own child??" He sighed.

"She doesn't like our relationship, she thinks Im still intrested in you." My eyes grew wide. "What??? That's crazy." "I know." He started. "I think she's slightly insecure when it comes to you because we're so close....and because at one point it was a possibility that Aliyah was my child."

I sighed. "Thats why she had a attitude that day at her birthday party, she claims everytime she's around you guys, all she can think about is how Aliyah could've possiby been my daughter." I shook my head, not believing any of this. "So she dislikes me because we're really good friends and we had history together??"

"Basically." He said in a sigh. "....That still doesn't explain what I have to do with her not being excited about her pregnancy." He nodded. "I know, she said she was a little nervous about becoming a mother, and she has doubts about being a good mom." I nodded my head, completely understanding.

"I get that, I felt the same way in my first few months of pregnancy...Im sure she'll get passed it." He took a deep breath. "I hope so."

"......So what's new with you? It seems like everytime we talk, it's aways about Asia and I. How are you and August?" I sighed, contemplating if I should tell him the truth or not.

"We're......not to good." I said, shaking my head. "What's going on?" I lifted my head up and faced him. "It's a long story that I don't want to explain, but we're seperated at the moment." His eyes widened. "Seperated?? Like your not together?" I shook my head no.

"Damn." He mumbled. "I didn't know you could do that in marriage." I sighed. "Neither did I." "....You guys aren't getting a divorce or you?" I shook my head no. "No, we're just going through a really rough patch right now, I wouldn't say we're headed to divorce."

He nodded. "Good, but if it's just a rough patch, then Im not even going to worry about you two." I frowned. "Why not??" "Because." He said in a chuckle. "This is classic Simone and August."

My frown deepened. "And what does that mean?" "The whole back and forth, y'all break up and realize how much y'all love and can't live without each other, and fix the problem and get back together. It's been a proven fact as long as I known y'all." I chuckled.

"That's true, but I don't know Trey, I have a feeling that this time is different. Even though Im not looking for a divorce from him.....I honestly believe if we keep having problems like this, we're gunna wanna divorce from one another."

Trey shook his head. "Well I'll pray for y'all, and hope that you guys work it out." I smiled. "Thanks." I looked down at my watch and checked the time. "I gotta go, I have to pick Aliyah up from ballet pratice, today was her first day." He smirked. "Alright." We both stood up from the couch at the same time.