Chapter 37

THE NEXT DAY-AUGUST P.O.V.

I took a deep breath once I heard Ryelle knocking at my door. This was the first time I was going to be seeing her since our encounter two days ago. I unlocked the door and opened it. "Hey." Ryelle said, smiling at me.

"...Hey....you can come in." I stepped to the side and let her in. "So this is the new place huh?" I nodded my head as I closed the door. "...Yeah, this is the one I chose." She smirked and took a seat on the couch, getting comfortable. "..Where's Aliyah? I thought you had her today."I nodded. "I do...she's at ballet pratice right now." She nodded.

"So what are we doing today?" I sighed. "Actually...there's been a change of plans..ima just kick it here today." She nodded. "Alright, I don't mind staying in." I sighed and shook my head. "Nah...I meant just me..." She frowned. "Oh...alright...so why did I need to come over??"

I walked over to the couch and took a seat on the other end. "I wanted to talk to you." She nodded slowly. "About what?"

"The other night." A small smirked appeared on her lips. "Oh..that." I cleared my throat, feeling uncomfortable about this. "Shit got really out of hand...and things happened, that shouldn't have happened." She looked down in her lap, silent.

"...I just wanted to tell you that what happened the other day should have never went down, and that nothing like that can ever happen again...Im still married Ry and we're friends, nothing more and nothing less." She cleared her throat.

"You alright?" She put a smile on her face and nodded. "...Yeah..Im fine." I leaned back into the couch and looked at her. "You sure? You don't seem like your fine." She paused before answering.

"....I just thought after what went down the other night, you would be saying something completely different, but I guess that's my fault for thinking that." I frowned. "And what you thought I would be saying?" I folded my arms across my chest, wondering what she was about to say.

"....I don't know." She started. "I thought after what we did...that we could of had something more beyond our friendship." My frown deepend. "You thought I wanted to be with you or something?" She nodded her head yes. "But I guess that was just me being dumb, I get it."

I sighed. "Look Ry, Im sorry if you felt like I led you on, but Im not interested in that way, it has nothing to do with you, I just don't see you like that." She nodded. "I get it.."

I sighed again, once I seen she was upset. "I know your leaving the day after tommorow and I didn't want things to be weird between us, I appreciate your friendshsip, and Im not tryna ruin that over something that shouldn't have happened." She nodded.

"We can still be cool...I just don't want you to think that Im looking for a relationship with you or something." She nodded and slightly smiled. "...I get it August, I appreciate your friendship too, and like you I said, it was dumb of me to think something like that....I know how much you love Simone." I nodded.

"Yeah...I do." I could tell by looking at her that she was somewhat hurt, but she was trying her best to play it off. "Well." She started. "I have to finish packing....so I'll see you later, alright?" I nodded. "Yeah, yeah...maybe we can do something tommorow...you know...for yourlast day here."

She stood up from te couch and let out a weak smile. "Okay, cool." She walked over to the door and let herself out. Once I loced the door, I took a sigh of relief and plopped back on the couch. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt Ryelle's feelings since she's been here for me through everything, but I did the right thing. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, trying to relax.

Just then, my phone rang on the small table infront of me. I quickly opened my eyes and looked down at my phone to see a restricted number calling me. I frowned, wondering who would be calling me from restricted.