Chapter 42

AUGUST P.O.V.

I held onto the railing while I slowly inched down the stairs. "Mr.Alsina, goodmorning." I slowly stepped down the last stepped and nodded. "Morning Brutus, Simone left for work?" He nodded. "Yes, she left about a hour ago, with Aliyah."

I nodded. "Oh ight...cool." I let go of the railing as I slowly limped into the kitchen. "Speaking of Ms.Simone." He said following me into the kitchen. "Can I talk to you about something?" I nodded. "Yeah, wassup?" I tried to open up the fridge, but he stopped me. "You can have a seat, Ms.Simone left you your breakfast in the microwave."

I nodded and took a seat at the table. He opened up the microwave and bot my plate out, sitting it before me. "Thanks, what you had to talk to me about?" I grabbed my fork and began to eat.

"I've only been gone for a few months, and it seems like everything has changed, especially between you and Ms.Simone, she told me you two were seperated." I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, we are."

"Care to fill me in?" He got out a glass and poured me some orange juice. "Alot of shit has happened man, I fucked up, she fucked up, and we argue all the damn time instead of talking, so that's why were here now." He nodded.

"And are you doing anything to fix it?" I shook my head. "I mean, she made attempts and I fucked it up, now I was trying to make a attempt, now she ain't sure if she wants to fix it." He sighed and shook his head.

"Well that's exactly what she told me yesterday." "Yeah." I mumbled. "But I think I can help." I looked up from my plate with a brow raised. "How?" He chuckled. "Just make sure Simone gets home by six." I nodded. "Ight."

SIMONE P.O.V.

"Did you use them condoms I gave you?" I slightly rolled my eyes at Ellis. "No, I told you we weren't gunna need them." "Mhmm." He said lowly. "But you guess are good right? You haven't argued or anything?" I shook my head no. "We don't really say much to each other. We usually keep conversation to a minimum, it's still really awkward for us."

"I bet it is." Ellis mumbled. "Well atleast you guys aren't arguing, that's good." I nodded. "I guess so." Just then, my phone vibrated in my back pocket. I pulled it out and quickly opened it once I seen August text me.

AUGUST(10:30am)-Be home by 6.

I frowned and closed the message. "Was that yo baby daddy?" I nodded. "Yeah....he wants me to be home by six tonight." Kerri lifted a brow. "Why?" I shrugged. "Ooooh, this sounds like a set up." I shook my head. "No, I don't think so, Brutus probably has to go somewhere, so he needs me to be home with him."

"Uh huh, sure."

HOURS LATER-AUGUST P.O.V.

I took my seat a the nicely decorated table and did my best to scoot myself in. "What time is it?" I asked Brutus. He glanced up at the microwave, as he poured two glasses of champagne. "5:55." I nodded. "Ight cool, you think this gon work?" He chuckled as he walked over to the table, sitting down the glasses.

"Im not sure, but I got my fingers crossed. "I nodded. "You ain't the only one." I watched him as he sat down the forks and our platters of food. "Now remember, there's no arguing tonight, just talk...calmly." I nodded. "I know, im just hoping Simone can do the same thing.

SIMONE P.O.V.

I pulled into the drivewat at exactly 5:58. I didn't know why August needed me at home by 6, but whatever it was, I didn't want to be late for it. Especially if he needed something involving his injury.

I hopped out of the car and hit the locks. I shuffled through my key ring until I got to my house key. I opened up the front door and was automatically hit with the smell of food." I took my heels off at the door and slowly walked into the living room where I heard Brutus and August talking.