Chapter 43

SIMONE P.O.V.

I ran out to the front door as soon as I heard the doorbell go off. I unlocked the door as fast as I could and took a sigh of relief once I seen Kerri and Ellis standing there. "Hey, did y'all get it?" Ellis nodded as he handed me the small walgreens bag.

"See, you wouldn't need this if you just used them condoms I gave you." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, thanks y'all, I'll be at the shop later today, I have to help August with his therapy today." Kerri nodded. "Alright, we'll see you."

I gave both of them quick hugs and shut the door. I sped walked into the kitchen, grabbing a glass and filling it with faucet water. I hated drinking out of the faucet, but right now I didn't even care. I opened up the wagreens bag and pulled out the Plan B One step pills.

I tore the box open and pulled out the row of pills. I quickly opened one and popped it into my mouth, before drinking the water and swallowing it. quickly stuffing the row of pills back in the box. I stuck it back in the bag and wrapped it up. "What you doin?" I froze in place once I heard Augusts' voice.

I turned back around, holding the bag behind my back. "..I didn't know you were up...what are you doing walking around? Your suppose to be resting your leg." He frowned. "...I gotta start my therapy this morning....and I went to the weight room and you wasn't in there....Aliyah's at School?" I nodded.

"Yeah she is....look...let me finish in here and Im coming in a minute." He lifted a brow and nodded towards me. "What's behind your back?" I shook my head. "Nothing, just go sit down in the weight room, Im coming." He slowly limped over to me, trying to look behind my back.

I slowly move to the side, trying to get away from him. He quickly reached behind me and grabbed the walgreens bag out of my hands. I sighed. "Really?"

He leaned up on the counter and opened the bag, pulling out the box. He frowned as he read the front of it. "What is this?" I sighed. "A emergency contraceptive." He dropped the box on the counter and looked at me. "Like them day after pills and shit?" I nodded.

"Why you takin that?" I slowly frowned. "Um....becuase...we didn't use a condom last night." I said, whispering the last part. He shrugged. "And? When have we ever used condoms?" I was slightly taken aback at the tone he was using with me.

"....We never have...but you didn't pull out." He shrugged again. "So?" I frowned. "So...I could get pregnant." He motioned for me to continue. "What's so bad about that??" I held my hand up, confused. "You really think we should bring a baby into our situation right now?? We're barely getting by with Aliyah, besides, were not even a good enough space to even think about having another child."

He nodded slowly. "I'll be in the weight room." I could tell by how he turned around and left, that he was upset about me taking the pill. But I knew I was right. There's no way in hell I woud want to be pregnant right now with everything that's going on. And I didn't wanna be one of those nieve girls who think having a baby will automatically make everything okay again.

I put the box of pills back in the bag and threw it under the sink where I knew nobody would look. I walked out of the kitchen and made my way over to the other side of the house where our mini gym was. I pushed open the glass doors and walked over to August, who was sitting on one of the small resting benches.

"....You ready?" He ignored me and stood up, placing his headphones in his ears. I sighed and grabbed his arm, trying to help him over to the treadmill, but he pulled back from me and slowly walked himself.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down, since I've been doing so well with my anger lately. Once he finally got up on the treadmill, I started it up and he began to walk slowly. "If your leg starts hurting, or you get tired, let me know." He didn't say anything, but I knew he heard me because he turned the music up on his iPod.