Chapter 36

"Mrs.Alsina, I wasn't expecting you to call me so soon." I sat my purse beside me as I took my seat in my lawyer's office. "Well there's been a slight change of plans." She lifted a brow. "How so?"

"Im still on the fence about divorcing, it's a big complicated process that Im not sure that I want to do yet." She nodded, motioning for me to continue. "But." I started. "My husband and I are seperated right now, and I wanted to make it a legal seperation.

She nodded. "Okay, do you want me to explain what it is exactly before we get into the paperwork?" I nodded my head yes.

"Alright well." She started. " Similar to divorce, legal seperation is a legally binding agreement between you and your husband to resolve issues such as the division of assets and debt, alimony/spousal support, child support and visitation." I nodded, wanting her to continue.

"Although separating certainly can have benefits, living apart from your spouse without a written separation agreement can put you at risk. If you separate, you still remain liable for your spouse’s debts and legal issues, but if you are seperated by law, you won't be held accountable for anything involving your spouse."

She pushed her glasses up on her nose and continued. "I understand that you want to seperate legally, since your already seperated and your not sure of divorce." I nodded. "Yes, that's right."

"You can use your legal time apart as a trial, and decide whether you guys want to take formal legal action. But all in all, finacially, legal seperation rather than divorce is a really good finacial decision. If you and your husband can come together and decide what to do about your bills and assets, everything else will be handled in court, and it should be a fairly smooth process."

I nodded slowly. "So, do you want to get started on the paperwork?" I nodded my head yes. "Yes, I do."

AUGUST P.O.V.

 "How many more we got?" I sat down the box I was carrying and wiped my forehead. "This is the last one." Craig said, carrying another box inside my new condo.

I closed the door behind him and collapsed on the couch we just put in here not to long ago. "Damn, this is it huh?" He asked looking around.

"Yeah, the hotel life wasn't for me, I had to make some quick moves." He walked over to the couch and took a seat. "Nigga, that ain't what Im talking about, I mean you and Simone." I sighed.

"I don't know wassup with me and her anymore. We haven't spoken in a minute...but I wanted to ask you for some advice real quick." He chuckled. "You want advice from me? Didn't you say you would never come to me for advice?"

I sucked my teeth. "Fuck all that right now, this is serious?" He nodded. "Ight, ight, wassup?" I leaned back into the couch and rubbed my chin.

"So you know I've been kicking it with Ryelle for a little minute now?" He nodded. "Yeah the young girl, wassup with her?" I shook my head. "Nothing...but last night, shit got pretty real." He lifted a brow. "Real like how?"

I sighed and ran a hand down my head. "Don't tell me you smashed." I looked up from my lap and frowned. "Hell nah I ain't smash her."

He nodded. "Ight so what is it? You over here taking deep breath and shit, what was I suppose to think."

"...She gave me head." His eyes widened. "Forreal?" I nodded. "But that's not it." He motioned for me to continue. "....I-I...I couldn't nut." He busted out laughing.

"The fuck? Why you tellin me this? You need to be going to a doctor instead of tellin me, I can't do shit about that." I sucked my teeth. "Shutup, it wasn't like that." He cleared his throat and sat up straight.