Chapter 44

AUGUST P.O.V.

I watched Brutus as he carried the last of Kelsey's bags into the guest room. Just like Simone said, Kelsey came by this morning with a few bags, ready to get settled in. "Thanks Brutus, I got it from here." He nodded and walked out of the room, leaving us alone.

She slowly turned around and folded her arms across her chest, glaring at me. "What the hell did you do to my sister?" I sighed. "Damn Kels, really? You just gon hop right into it?" I sat up straight on her bed, making sure my leg was still elevated.

"You damn right I am, Simone has never up and left like this, so something must have really popped off to make her do something like that." I sighed again. "We just got into a arguement that's all." She shook her head.

"From what I hear, you guys argue all the time, so what made this arguement any different?" I paused before answering. "I don't know...we yelled at each other...I may have said some shit I shouldn't have said..but-"

"Like what?" She asked, cutting me off. "Ight look, I was mad alright?" She motioned for me to continue. "We smashed the other night, and yesterday morning I caught her taking one of them day after pills." She shrugged. "And?"

"It pissed me off, we went through alot with her first miscarriage...and her almost aborting Aliyah, so I kinda threw it in her face." Kelsey sighed and shook her head. "That was a asshole move August." I was silent.

"First of all, from what she told me, she miscarried from being stressed and depressed. Forgive me if Im wrong, but you were the reason why she was depressed and stressed, since you slept with Stasia and all." I was silent.

"And second of all, she told me when she was pregnant with Aliyah, you had your head so far up that crazy bitch Ariana's head, you couldn't see anything or anybody else." I opened my mouth to speak, but she held up my hand, cutting me off.

"Im not done." She started. "Her taking that pill yesterday, was probably the smartest thing she could have done for the both of you. You guys are in no shape or form to have another baby. With all this damn drama going on, Simone being pregnant will only make things worse, why would she want to have another baby in this stressfull ass enviroment? Unless you want her to miscarry or something like that again."

"...I get what your saying." She nodded. "Good So before you wanna put all the blame on her, take a look at what you've done too." I nodded, not saying anything. "Look, Im only here because Simone asked me to take care of Aliyah while she's away, and that's all Im here to do, Im not trying to get in you guys' mess." She turned to walk away, but I stopped her.

"Hol up." She sighed and turned back around. "...Did she tell you where she was going?" She shook her head. "No, but she told me she was safe, and all I can do is take her word for it." I sighed.

"She told me to tell you, if Aliyah starts to ask where she is, tell her she went out of town to Atlanta, for her other boutique." "...Ight." I mumbled. She turned back around and walked out of the room.

I took a deep breath and lifted out of her bed and took my time getting up. Since Simone left me here, I didn't have anyone to help me with my therapy twice a day, so I knew I would just have to do it alone. I held onto the railing as I inched down the stairs, moving slightly faster than I was a few days ago.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I let go of the railing, and tried to turn the corner, but I bumped into Brutus in the process. "My bad man." He shook his head. "It's fine, do you need help?" I shook my head. "Nah I got it, I just need to get to the weight room."

"Oh, your about to do your therapy?" I nodded my head yes. "Yeah...Simone always makes me do it in the morning and at night, so their's no need to procrastinate." He chuckled. "That's true, but shouldn't you wait on your physical therapist?"