Chapter 34

"You alright Ker?" I handed Kerri a tissue, once I seen the tears rolling down her cheeks. "..Im fine." I sighed, knowing she was lying. "I know your not telling the truth, you didn't have to come into work today if you were still this upset, Ellis could have worked your shift."

"Like the hell I was." He said, standing up straight. "I mean, I feel bad for you and all, but shit, I don't even like working my own shift." Kerri and I rolled our eyes. "Anyways, you don't have to stay here, you can take the rest of the day off." She shook her head no.

"No, I don't mind being here, and besides, I don't wanna be alone." I rubbed her back once I heard her voice crack. I grabbed another tissue and wiped her face. "Okay, look." I snatched the clothes out of her hand and made her face me.

"When I was crying over August, you guys didn't let me look a hot mess, or feel sad, so Im going to do the same for you." She slightly smiled and wiped her red face. "Ellis, take her to the back and fix her up, I'll cover the floor for you." He nodded. "Come on sus, let's go."

AUGUST P.O.V.

"We have any plans this week?" Ryelle asked me as she sat down beside me on the couch. "I hadn't planned nothing, why, wassup?" She shook her head. "My flight leaves next weekend, and I wanted to do something with you before I go back home." I smiled.

"Damn, you leaving me now?" She chuckled. "I mean, Rodney is locked up, it's safe to go home now." I nodded. "I know, is there something you wanna do before you go?" She looked me up and down and nodded. "Actually there is...I heard there doing this mud run thing tommorow." I frowned. "The fuck is a mud run?"

She smirked. "It's a obstacle course that's covered in mud." My frown deepend. "And you wanna do that?" "I want us to do that." She said motioning in between our bodies. I sighed. "You want me to run in some mud? The fuck I look like Ry." She chuckled. "Come on, it'll be fun, we can make it a competition." I lifted a brow. "How?"

She leaned back and thought a minute. "Well whoever finished the obstacle course first has to buy dinner for the night." I nodded slowly. "Okay that's it?" She shook her head. "And, the loser has to give the winner 400 dollars." I laughed. "Ight, I don't mind being 400 dollars richer." She shook her head. "Who says your gunna win?"

I looked at her and gave her a stale face. "Im not even gon answer that, just be prepared to lose tommorow, I accept your little challenge." I stuck my hand out and she shook it.

30 MINUTES LATER-SIMONE P.O.V.

"You look great Ker." I fluffed her hair out and stood her up straight. "Do you feel any better?" She nodded. "A little, the make over helped a little, and Ellis' jokes made me laugh for the first time." I smirked.

"You welcome." He said loudly. "I don't want you down in the dumps about Jason, so I was thinking maybe after work tommorow...we can have a slumber party." Ellis frowned. "A slumber party? Chile how old you think we is??" I sighed. "Shutup E, I thought it would be nice for all of us to come to my house tommorow night and eat and watch movies..and not talk about men."

Kerri slightly smiled. "You don't have to do that, I'll be okay." I shook my head. "I want to do it, everytime Im feeling down you guys always make me feel beter, and now it's my turn to return the favor, so what do y'all say?"

Kerri nodded. "...Alright fine, we can do it." I smiled and looked over at Ellis. "Are you gunna join us?" He sighed and nodded. "I guess I'll join you heifers."

"Good, be at my house by 9 tommorow night."

*********************

I pulled into a parking space infront of Aliyah's ballet class. I stepped out the car and quickly made my way inside since I was slightly running late. "Hey your finally here!" Aliyah grabbed her bag and walked over to me, giving me a hug. "Sorry Im late pumpkin, how was class?" She nodded.

"It was fun." I was just about to ask her something else, when I felt a firm tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Sean standing there. "Oh, hey you." He smiled. "Hey, I was gunna call you later, but since Im seeing you now, I might as well ask." I nodded. "Ask me what?"

"You free tommorow night? I wanted to take you somewhere." I smirked. "As much as I would love to go with you tommorow night, I can't. I'm having a get together at my house tommorow night."

He smirked. "Ah damn, so you wasn't even gon extended a invitation to me?" I chuckled. "It's a girls thing for one of my best friends, she's going through something right now with her dude, so Im throwing her a little party to cheer her up." He nodded.

"Oh ight, it's one of them parties." I chuckled. "And what is that suppose to mean?" I folded my arms across my chest and waited for him to answer. He looked over my shoulder to make sure Aliyah wasn't paying attention to our conversation.

"Them female parties, the one's where you sit around and talk about how much you hate us niggas, and watch all them damn girly movies and be playing pinata with our manly parts." I laughed.

"How the hell do you know all that?" He chuckled. "I got two sisters, I know more than you think." I looked him up and down and shook my head. "Right, but I'll call you and we can go out another time."

"Ight coo." He placed his hand on my waist and kissed my cheek. "I'll see you later." I nodded. "Alright." He grabbed Tia's hand and walked through the door. "Damn." I mumbled.

"You ready now?" Aliyah asked, standing behind me. I quickly turned around, checking back into reality. "Yeah..Im ready, you got your things?" She nodded and handed me her dance bag and her bookbag. "Can we stop and get some cheetos?"

I held the door opened for her and laughed. "Cheetos before dinner?" She nodded. "It's just a snack." I hit the locks on my key ring and opened the back door for her. "I'll take you to get some cheetos, but you can eat them after dinner, I don't want you to lose your appetite." She sighed. "Okay, fine."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vote/Comment!!