Chapter 51

THREE DAYS LATER

I walked with Aliyah inside of school, and watched August as he walked inside with AJ. I could tell it was somewhat awkward between them because they weren't saying a word to each other, versus Aliyah pretty much talking my ear off.

"Are you listening mommy?" I turned my attention to her and nodded. "Yeah of course I was, here you go." I handed her her bookbag and gave her a hug. "Have a good day, and you better eat the apple I put in your lunchbox this time." She sighed and waved goodbye to August before walking into class.

"Simone told me you like to walk to class yourself, so would you mind if I walked with you?" August asked AJ. He shook his head. "...No...I guess it's okay." They started walking in silence down the hallway.

I watched them walk up to his classroom and say goobye, turning away from one another at the same time. Once August made it back down the hallway to me, we began walking out of the school together. "...So how was he?"

He shrugged. "The same, he ain't really saying much still." I nodded. "I figured. He's probably just trying to get adjusted to everything...I hope there's nothing realy wrong with him, then we would have to look into getting him some type of help."

He sighed. "I know." He held the door open for me, letting me walk out first. "....Have you heard from Ariana again?" He shook his head no. "Nah, Im sure she ain't gon call again, and I ain't callin her either." I nodded slowly.

I walked around to the passenger seat and got in the car, letting August drive. "You want me to drop you to work?" I nodded my head yes. "Please." He started up the car and pulled away from the curb.

"I'll pick of the kids from school, and I'll pick you up from work too, but after that, Im leaving." "....Where you going?" He rubbed his chin, keeping his eyes on the road. "Work, Im gunna see what I can get done."

I sighed. "....Alright....I'll see you whenever you get back." I turned my head and looked out the window, just for my phone to start ringing. I reached my hand in my Chanel bag and pulled out my phone to see Sean calling.

I glanced over August, who was still rubbing his chin, with his eyes glued to the road. He most likely thinking about something, so I doubt he would pay any attention to my phone call. I answered the phone and turned towards the window, slipping the phone to my ear.

ME: "Hello?"

SEAN: " Hi, I was trying to reach this fine ass girl, I thought you might know her, she has black hair, she's kind of short, and she always has on red lipstick."

I slightly chuckled.

ME: "Your a comedian huh?"

SEAN: "Only on certain days of the week, how you doin?"

I sighed and glanced over at August, who was still deep in thought.

ME: "Um...I really don't know how to answer that right now."

SEAN: "You good?"

ME: "Yeah, yeah, it's just alot of stuff going on with me right now."

SEAN: "Oh ight I get it, you ain't never called me back, so I had to check up on you real quick to see if you were ight."

I smirked.

ME: "Well thank you for that, I appreciate it."

SEAN: "You welcome, you busy tonight?"

I sighed.

ME: "Actually I am, I gotta watch over the kids."

He chuckled.