Chapter 50

I held onto Aliyah's hand as I walked her and AJ into school. He had been silent for most of the morning, most likely nervous about being in a new place and a new school. "Ok, I'll see you later Li-Li." I kissed her forehead and watched her run into her classroom.

I looked down at AJ, who was looking all around at everything, taking it in. "You ready to go to your class?" He nodded, still being very quiet. I placed my hand on his shoulder, and turned him to me. "I know you said you didn't want me to walk you, but I still can if your nervous." He shook his head and moved out of my grasp.

"No, it's okay I got it Miss Simone." He looked down the hallway and pointed. "...Is that my room?" I nodded. "Yeah it is." He pulled his backpack up on his back and took a deep breath before turning back to me.

"..Okay....Um....I'll see you later." He slightly smiled at me before walking down the hallway to his classroom. I knew it was probably awkward for him to be with me, since he didn't really know me, but I wanted to be as helpful as I possible could, especially since August is nowhere around.

I turned on my heels and made my way out of the school. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see if I had any missed calls from August, but I didn't have any. I sighed, wondering where he was since he didn't come home last night. I knew all of this was alot to take in right now, but he should have been here to see his son off to school this morning.

I slid into the driver seat and quickly buckled up, when my phone began to vibrate in my ean pocket.I leaned back in my seat and puleled it out, taking a sigh of relief once I seen August calling me.

ME: "Hello?? Are you okay??"

AUGUST: "..Im fine ma."

I frowned once I heard the sorrow in his voice.

ME: "Are you sure? You sound funny."

AUGUST: Yeah...yeah Im sure."

I sighed.

ME: "So where are you? And where have you been? You had me a little worried since you never came back or answered any of my calls."

AUGUST: "I know, my bad, I had to get a new phone...and I been at my condo."

ME: "Ohh...you stayed there all night?"

AUGUST: "Yeah....you got the kids to school?"

I started up the car and sighed.

ME: "Yeah, I just dropped them both off...why didn't you come?"

AUGUST: "Ion know.....my head ain't really been right, especially since I got a call from Ariana last night."

My eyes widened as I pulled away from the curb.

ME: "Ariana? She called you?? What did she say??"

AUGUST: "Ima be home later, I'll tell you everything then."

ME: "...Alright, I'll see you back at home."

AUGUST: "Yeah."

I hung up the phone and tossed it into the passenger seat.

*******************

I took off my shades as I stepped inside the boutique. "Oh my god Simone." Kerri and Ellis both rushed over to me and gave me big hugs. I hadn't been back to the shop since I took my random getaway not to long ago.

"Damn, where you been girl?? We haven't seen you in a minute." I sighed and nodded. "I know, my bad, I've been busy, I was meaning to drop by or give you guys a call, but things have been really crazy."