Chapter 49

I woke up the next morning to soft knocking on the door. I slipped out of bed and walked over to the door and opened it. "Hey.." August said, stepping into the room. After everything that happened yesterday, we both decided that he should spend the night here since his son was here as well. "Hey.."

I closed the door behind him and took a seat on the edge of the bed. I pushed my messy hair out of my face and took a deep breath. "...What time is Aliyah coming back home?" I glanced over at the clock and read the time. "Stasia said she would drop her back around 12." He nodded and sighed.

"Ight, we have to think of a way to explain this to her before she gets back." I nodded. "I know...and we have a few hours to think of something....how are you doing though? Did you sleep at all last night?" She shook his head no. "Barely."

"Me either." I said in a sigh. "I can't believe all of this is happening right now, why the hell would Ariana lie about the death of your child?? And she named him AJ...What if we had a son and we decided to name him after you, there would be two of them. " He ran a hand down his head, obviously upset and stressed. "I know, ion even wanna discuss her ass right now, my focus is on something completely different."

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, I know.....so how do we tell Aliyah all of this?....and that she has brother now?" I slightly cringed at the words I was saying. He shrugged. "I don't know, regardless of what we say, Im sure she'll still be confused and have a bunch of questions, you know she likes to ask questions."

"I know." I mumbled. I stood up from the bed and sighed. "Alright look, Im gunna go downstairs and start breakfast, you go wake up AJ and bring him downstairs and we'll just go from there." He nodded. "Ight....thanks for being so cool about this." I nodded. "He's your son August, I have to be cool with it."

He turned to me and gave me a slight smile. I could see the worry and sadness written all over his face. I turned around and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I opened up the fridge and pulled out bacon and eggs and some panacake mix. I turned and grabbed a skillet and sat it on the stove.

I stood infront the oven about to turn it on when my eyes began to sting. I held my hand over my mouth once I began to cry. I was still in shock about everything that happened yesterday, and Im starting to slowly realize that my life is about to change, and so unexpectedly at that.

I quickly wiped my eyes and began to make breakfast.

********************

"Here you go AJ." I put a smile on my face as I sat his plate infront of him. "Thank you." He said lowly. "Your welcome..would you like some orange juice?" He nodded. "Please."

I grabbed a small cup and poured him a glass of juice. "There you go." I grabbed Augusts' fixed plate and sat infront of him. "Thank you bab- I mean, thank you." I slighty nodded and turned to make my plate.

"...Do you guys have salt and pepper?" AJ asked, finally speaking up. I nodded. "Yeah we-" My sentence was interrupted from someone knocking on the front door.

"I'll get it, just get the salt and pepper for him." August nodded and stood up from his seat. I wiped my hands on the kitchen towel and made my out to the front door. I stood on my tippy toes and looked out the peep hole to see Maragaret standing there with bags in her hands.

I unlocked the door and opened it. "Morning Simone." I slightly smiled. "Goodmorning." "I came by to drop off the rest of AJ's things and to say goodbye." I nodded. "Okay, come in." She sat her bags in the house and and pulled something out her back pocket and handed it to me.

I looked down and frowned once I seen the inhaler in my hand. "What's this?" She s tepped into the house and faced me. "AJ has asthma...it's the only side effect he had from all those drugs that were in Ariana when she was pregnant." I nodded slowly. " He had a few asthma attacks when he was younger, but he takes his treatments everday and it's controlled right now, but he needs his inhaler for emergencies."