Chapter 48

I leaned into the mirror as I lined my eyes with my eyeliner. "Mommy!" I could hear Aliyah's little feet making there way into my bathroom. "Hey munchkin, you got all your stuff packed for tonight?" She nodded. "What time will Auntie Stasia be here?" I smirked. "She'll be here soon, you ready for your slumber party?" She nodded her head, showing her excitement.

I smirked and leaned back into the mirror. "Whatcha doing?" She climbed up on the bathroom counter and stared at me through the mirror. "Putting on makeup." She frowned. "What's makeup?" I chuckled as I grabbed my bottle of mascara. "It's stuff to make a girl extra pretty." She nodded.

"So why don't I wear makeup?" I laughed. "Because your already beautiful Li-Li, you don't need it." She smiled. "And so are you, you don't need it either." I chuckled. "Well thank you." She watched me carefully as I put on my mascara and then my lipstick. "When will I get to wear that?"

"You can wear eyeliner and mascara when your 14." Her eyes widened. "That's like a billion years from now!" I picked her up off the counter and placed her back to the ground. "It'll come by faster than you'll think, go put your things by the door, so you can be ready." She nodded and raced out of my room.

******

"Make sure you call me before you got to bed." I kissed Aliyah on her forehead and watched her race over to Stasia's car. "I'll call you later." Stasia semi-shouted through the window. I nodded and watched her back through the gates, and take off down the street.

I stepped back into the house and went upstairs to my bedroom to finish getting ready. I plugged in my curling wand and waited for it go get hot. I checked my phone to see a text from Sean. I smiled and quickly opened it.

SEAN(4:45PM)-Can't wait to see you, make sure you bring a towel.

A huge smile spread across my face and texted him back. I picked up my curling iron, and began to do my hair, excited about the water park today. I hadn't been to one since I went years ago with Trey, so I was excited to go again.

I sat down my curling iron and walked back into my bedroom, picking up my bathing suit and putting in my cross body bag, so I could change when I got to the park. I was kind of conscious about wearing a bathing suit infront of Sean and his friends, so I settled on wearing a one piece instead of a bikini.

I stepped back into the bathroom, and finished my hair, making sure I sat my bun up as high as I could, so it wouldn't get wet, when I heard the doorbell go off. I frowned wondering who it could be. I sighed and turned on my heels, making my way back downstairs.

I rushed to the front door and stood on my tippy toes to look out the peep hole. I frowned once I seen a older lady I never seen before standing there. I opened up the door and slighty smiled. "...Hi, can I help you?" She looked me up and down before speaking. "Im looking for a August Alsina." I slightly frowned. "He's not here right now, can I help you with something??"

She shook her head no. "I just need to speak with August. I don't need one of his girls to help me." I scoffed. "Excuse me? Im his wife, so if he's not here to help you, Im the next one in line." She cleared her throat. "Oh, you must be Simone correct?" I nodded. "Yes I am, I didn't catch your name? Do I know you?" She opened up her mouth to speak, but the sound of someone's voice stopped her.

"Can I come out yet grandma?" She sighed and turned to the little boy. "I told you to stay in the car until I finished." He sighed. "Just stand here baby." She turned back to me and took a deep breath. "Do you have a number where I can reach him at? It's really important." I frowned. "Whatever it is, I'll be happy to pass along the message." I folded my arms across my chest and waited.