28.

Illumi's POV

Aoi put her hand on her hip, smirking like she was about to go insane.
At this point, I just wanted to kill her with my pins. But realizing how many people would he after us.. I decided to hold back.
"What are you DOING here."
Hisoka shouted
I could sense his bloodlust growing.. but it wasn't sexual like it always was.
No. This was pure anger.
Aoi shrugged, crossing her arms
"Oh~ I don't know.. maybe.. taking back whos mine?"

I stared at her blankly, not really caring anymore.
I could tell Hisoka was about to snap.
It was pretty unnerving to watch as I've never actually seen Hisoka just loose it before.
Before Hisoka could lash out, I put my hand on his shoulder, pushing him behind me.
"Stay out of this for now, okay?"
He frowned but nodded slowly.
"Let me guess. Your leader sent you?"
I looked at hr with no expression
Aoi looked angrier, clenching her fist.
"First of all, I AM the leader. Second, I came to retrieve you from this clown. And third.."
She stared at my right hand, at my ring specifically
"I'm extremely angry. As you saw from my texts, I'm angered that you decided to accept a proposal from THAT failure of a man. When you could've gotten with me, a Girl."

I pulled out 2 needles, pointing them at Aoi.
"I think fighting will make everything much easier. Just rules and death. But honestly, I just want to get rid of you from this world now."
Aoi backed up a bit, and for some reason looked.. scared?
Was it that she couldn't fight? At all? Actually.. did she evev know Nen?"
"Whats the problem now? Can you not fight?"
She gritted her teeth, clenching her fists again.
"No! I just.. no.. I came here to show you what I'm capable of! First impressions isn't really something I'm good at.. I want to show you that I can be much better than.. him. Also because your parents are getting pretty impatient ."
For some reason, I could help but let let a laugh.
"HA. Really? Wow.. this is pretty pathetic if you ask me. In no way would I ever get married to you. Though I've only been dating Hisoka for about a week, I've known him for a year now. We gave ourselves time and it worked out. If you're willing to wait that long, maybe I'll consider it."
Aoi looked absolutely defeated
"What?! Thats crazy..!!"
I could hear Hisoka burst out laughing behind me.
"Then that means you're not fit for Illumi! I win. Now go home,"
Aoi's face turned red, gritting her teeth.
"Fucking.. fine, then, hear me out. Let me take you out on ONE date. If you don't find any interest, I'll leave you alone. But, I'll still be watching you with my men."

Now that. Was a stupid deal.
"No."
Her eyes widened, and she looked like she was about to burst.
"Why?!! I'm being so generous here!!"
I rolled my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose.
"Yeah? Well your perception of 'generous' is pretty stupid. Now let us get back in the house if you're not gonna fight."
Aoi opened her mouth to speak, but noting came out.
"I..I...W-Well.. why can't you just go on ONE date with me? It won't even effect you that much!! All your parents want from you is your hand in marriage.. to me! Not him! I'm just trying to get you not killed!"
Hisoka looked at me with a
'Wtf'
Look.
I sighed being quick to think on what to do.
I decided that, if I were to go on this singular date, but act with no interest, she's possibly leave us alone after.
"Fine. I'll go on one date with you. One. After that, leave me and Hisoka alone."
Her face lit up, her smile getting bigger.
"I knew you'd come through! But I'm not sure your own parents would leave you alone after."

I shrugged, putting my pins away
"Whatever. What time and what place."
"At dinner, tonight! I'll come pick you up at 7. Also, wear a tuxedo, not some ugly ass dress."
I sighed. I knew she would've said that.
"Yeah yeah. Whatever. Now just leave us alone"
Aoi nodded frantically
Telling her men something then jumping into one of the cars. And finally, they drove away.
They were gone. This took longer than expected.
Hisoka came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"So. Are you really sure about this?"
I leaned into him, resting my head onto his shoulder.
"I don't know. I have a feeling she's gonna take me back to her base after the date and not back to you."
He huffed, placing a kiss onto my cheek
"If you don't return by 9, I'll come looking for you. Okay, baby?~"
I nodded, but shot a small glare at him for the nickname.
He laughed, kissing my cheek again.
"Alright, alright. Lets get back inside. I'll find you a spare tuxedo if I can. And then we can cuddle until lunch."
He let go of me, spinning me around to face him.
He kissed me, and I responded by kissing back.
It was times like this and moments like this that made making stupid deals with Aoi, a whole lot more worth it.
He broke the kiss to breathe a bit, smiling as he looked into my eyes. And I couldn't help but do the same. We both stared at each other, smiling awkwardly at each other for a bit, before bursting out laughing at the small exchange.

Now this.
This was true love.
What Aoi was doing wasn't.
——————
Do you evver just want to
🤜Aoi
Yeah. Me too man.
Anyways, hope ya'll liked this chapter, I honestly want to stomp on Aoi rn.
Leave next chapter ideas because I kinda need them
Vote and comment if you want to ig
C y a

Word count:
1006