4.

Illumi's POV

As I walked into my fathers corridors, I felt the air around me get more dense and uncomfortable. Just like it always did.
I closed the door behind me and approached my father, taking a quick bow.
"Father."

He nodded.
"How did it go?"
I shrugged, responding with the same sentence I always did.
"Wonderfully. They all dead."
I looked down at my feet, gently rubbing my neck.
"Though, there was this one Nen user. They weren't like the others. I'm guessing they aren't from here considering their strength. Despite killing all the people in the hideout, I'm starting to suspect this isn't just some small gang."

My father nodded along.
"I see. Well, it doesn't matter how tough the job is, you're a Zoldyck and shouldn't be complaining about something so minor."
I looked back up to face my father with the same, emotionless expression.
"I understand, father."

He cleared his throat.
"I have a new job for you. This time, we have a photo of the perpetrator."
He pulled out a small image of a man.
My eyes widened a bit to the similarities they seemed to have as the same man that had almost killed me.

"They killed almost half the mafias men. Stealing the objects they won in a auction too. I need you to go hunt them down and kill them. I am no fans of the Mafias, but a job is a job."
I nodded slowly, brushing off ant hints of worry or fear.
"Do you know their location? Or where they're hiding?"
My father shook his head.
"We only know that they hand around in the forests. There is no specific one. They jump from one to another almost daily. They're also awfully skilled."

I muttered to myself before snapping back into reality.
"Understood. I'll give you a call after the deed is done."
I took a quick bow before opening the door and walking out.
I sighed as I saw that Hisoka was still here. I was in no mood for anyone like him, also noting how early in the morning it was."

Hisoka hummed as he looked up at me.
"How did it go?~"
I brushed a patch of loose hair behind my ears.
"Just fine. My father needs me to get another job done so I'll be busy. I advise you to leave now."
Hisoka chuckled to himself.

"Don't be like that, Illu~ you saw how easily you got taken down by that Nen user yesterday~ are you sure you don't want me by your side on this one?"
I stared at him blankly, fury building up inside of me.

It was true, that was quite embarrassing. But it was because I let my guard down. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.
"Fine."
Hisoka grinned while slipping the stack of cards into his back-pocket.
"Aw, Illu~ you're too kind!~"
I looked back up at him with stern eyes.
"Be quiet, you'll wake someone up, or someone will most definitely hear you. Come on, we need to get going."

I started to walk past Hisoka, taking a quick peak behind me, too just make sure he was following me. And sure enough, he was humming to himself quietly with a large smile plastered on his face.
I chuckled lightly to myself, before quickly shutting my mouth. It was true. Hisoka could be pretty cute sometimes.
What was I saying?
——————

"Hey, darling?~"
Hisoks asked, slowly putting his arm around my shoulders before i smacked them away.
"What is it now, Hisoka."
Hisoka snickered to my harsh comeback.
"What do you think about relationships?"

I knew the answer to this.
Right?
"Assassins don't need relationships."
I caught a glimpse of Hisoka pouting, which I decided to ignore since we were in public, but I quickly noted to myself to make Hisoka upset more often so he'll pout more. Not weird at all.

I was lying though. I wouldn't mind having a relationship with someone. Despite my restrictions around Killua, I sometimes broke them for myself. But the only option I had currently was the poor excuse of a magician.

Though. I didn't really mind. Yeah, he could be obnoxious but he's one of the only people who would genuinely care about me. Something my parents never showed me when I was a toddler.
I thought about how it would be like to have Hisoka's arms around me, making my cheeks flush in a matter of seconds.

I guess Hisoka noticed because he tapped my shoulder, tilting his head.
"Whatcha thinking about there?~"
I sighed.
"Nothing."

I looked up ahead me, and the first forest was come up close. I turned my attention to Hisoka.
"My father told me the suspect likes to jump from forest to forest. This shouldn't be too hard with the both of us."
Hisoka smirked, looking up at the sky.
"This is gonna be fun, don't you think?~"

"No."

And soon enough, we were inside the first forest.

—————
I HOPE THIS WAS GOOD
and thank you for 100 reads
Is there anything you guys would like to see more of?
Comedy, more flirting, etc?
Also, don't be afraid to comment. I read every single of one them and they always brighten up my day!

Word count:
883