23.

Hisoka's POV

As we drove, I glanced behind us every once and a while, and sure enough, the exact same 3 Black cars we're on our tail.
I payed almost no attention to it though as I knew, it was actually very obvious, that it was Aoi's men. And also the exact same people we fought a couple days ago.
We arrived to the restaurant, as I looked over to Illumi, he seemed to be in awe. I smirked, taking his hand and leading him inside.
As I looked behind me, the people from the car were right behind us. Wearing simple suits and sunglasses.

Illumi looked over to me with a
'Don't pay them any mind. Act dumb.'
I nodded, walking up to the Host.
He lead up to an empty table, then proceeded to take our drink orders.
Illumi took red wine while I took white.
I peeked over, the guys were sitting near us, but not closely. Damn these guys sucked at their jobs.
Our drinks came, our Host pouring illumi a glass of Red wine and a glass of white wine for me.
We ordered our entree's, I ordered some steak while Illumi ordered something, probably from a different dimension.

I turned out to Illumi, taking a drink from my wine.
"Didn't you say you got tipsy easily?"
Illumi nodded, also taking a drink from his glass of wine.
"I'll be fine though. I hope."
I laughed lightly, enjoying the moment between us.
"Also. The guys who are following us, I'm pretty sure they're here to take notes of what we do and notify it to Aoi. God I hope they didn't jot down about me being in this horrendous dress."
I frowned, avoiding eye contact.
"The dress is really pretty though.."
Illumi rolled his eyes, taking another drink.
"Yeah whatever. Honestly, I don't know what we can do to get Aoi to just.. give up. Unless we get married before my parents get us into the actual arranged marriage, I can't think of anything."

I thought about what he said, and then an idea popped into mind.
"Wait. Thats it! I'll propose to you now. If you accept, theres probably nothing your parents or Aoi can do about it!"
Illumi almost jumped back.
"Are you Insane? Hisoka, you don't even have a ring, nor have we been together for more than 5 days!"
I grinned, taking a drink
"But, you can always divorce me! Right?"
Illumi rubbed his temples, sighing.
"Hisoka, I always knew you were stupid but not this stupid. Yes I can divorce you but I honestly have to think about this. I'm not even sure if I'll love you forever."

I sighed
"But it's still worth a shot? Its not like I'll go into debt or anything. Plus! I have this ring, I was actually meaning to give it to you when we went shopping. So I just wore it."
Illumi rested his head on his hand
"How are you gonna propose to me with only one properly functioning arm."
I tapped my forehead, grinning
"Doesn't matter~"
Illumi scrunched his nose, pinching the bridge of his nose.
"Fine."
My whole face lit up, I shuffled the ring off, getting off the chair and kneeling onto my knee.
Illumi seemed pretty unamused but you could see the smile tugging on the corner of his mouth
"Illumi Zoldyck. The one man besides Gon I've ever fallen in love with. Will you marry me?"
You could hear the entire restaurant almost going completely silent, all eyes on us.
Illumi sighed, putting his right hand out.
"Of course, dumbass. I love you."
Even if this was completely planned in a matter of minutes, it felt like my entire life was complete.
I slid the ring onto Illumi's ring finger, silently whispering into his ear
'I'll get you a better one later'
Illumi nodded smiling
You could hear cheering and clapping as I leaned in, kissing Illumi who gladly accepted before pushing me off, wiping his mouth.

"Okay okay. We can continue this when we get home. For now, lets finish our date."
The restaurant soon went back to its normal state, our food came and our Host quickly congratulated us on the engagement.
As we ate, I looked behind me and smirked.
The men were scrambling through their bags, making calls. And I swore I heard Aoi cursing at one of the guys.
As I looked over back at my new Fiancé, I realized he was on his 3rd glass of wine, and was really tipsy.
Mumbling to himself about how much he hated bell peppers or something

I knew I should've kept check on how many times Illumi drank, and I know were gonna get into a fight with Aoi's men, as they hadn't left to notify their 'queen' in person. So I knew they were waiting for us to leave.
I was worried as Illumi was probably in no condition to fight, however my arm was now moveable so I could probably drive but it felt pretty heavy on its own still.

———
After eating, I held tight onto Illumi, who was now completely intoxicated. I had no idea why the host kept on refilling Illumi's cup, even though it was obvious he was completely drunk.
As I hauled Illumi out, the guys from before were behind us.
I whispered to Illumi
"You should've have drunk so much.."
Illumi replied by swinging his arm at my direction while giggling
"Silllyyy!~ I feel gREAT!~"
Now he was just sounding like me.

I loaded my intoxicated Fiancé into the passenger seat, him giggling about how he was gonna kill me one day.
His hair was messy, and one of his Nen needles had fallen out of his bun which shouldn't have been good. The black cars followed us right back to my house
Just as I thought I was gonna make it in, I heard a deep voice clear their throat.
I turned around to see, probably one off the leaders.
"Madam Aoi is furious because of you. You wont get away with this."
I gritted my teeth, my aura rising and putting Illumi behind me.
I was never usually like this but I had to protect Illumi at all costs right now.
—————

spicy spicy chapter 😼
Ya'll wanted marriage so here it IS
What'd ya'll think?
Vote and comment if you want to ig
Ciao!~

Word count:
1070