1.

Illumi's POV

"I understand, father. I'll get the job done."
Click.
The gentle breeze made the trees shake. It was late afternoon I was sitting up in a tree, taking a moment to take in the nature. I had just gotten a call from my father about a job he felt wasn't important enough for him to do, so instead, he passed it on to me.

I was told some goons from the city had messed with one of the Mafia groups. So, the leader wanted them dead. I wasn't told much about them, only that they hung out during the night. Of course, they wouldn't be much of a hassle, Ive dealt with worse. Though, it did seem a bit suspicious that there wasn't much information about them. Whatever.

I jumped off the tree, landing gracefully on the ground. Pulling out a couple nen needles and getting them ready. It was turning dark, and I would much rather take them down as soon as I could, just to make everything easier.

I heard some rustling from the bushes but decided to ignore it. Probably some raccoons. I continued my way down to the city, concealing my presence as I went.

——
'I think this is where I was told they hung around.'
I mumbled to myself. I stood on the roof of a building, looking around for anything. I jumped down the building and pushed a couple bricks before finding a secret passage.

I carelessly walked into the passage, holding my nen needles. After walking for a bit, I heard chatting. I leaned on a wall to get a closer look. The door was wide open so it was easy to see through and eliminate.

Sure enough, it was them. I quickly threw a couple needles into the room, flawlessly hitting all the men in the room, hearing the thuds of them all falling to the ground.

As I continued my way down, looking for anyone else, there was another room, but this time with more people. I heard laughing and glasses being clinked together. I sighed, throwing more needles, killing most of them.

As I went inside to eliminate the rest, I was grabbed by the neck and then thrown to the ground. I heard a man laugh as he pressed his boot onto my chest, making it hard for me to breathe.

"Wonderful job. I see you've killed most of my men? I'll give you some credit. Though non of them are bright so it's easy to kill them anyways." The man laughed louder, pressing harder onto my chest.

I sneered at him, attempting to throw a needle at him, but he caught it mid air.
"Nen, eh? Well, you're not the only one who can use Nen." He said, throwing the needle back at me, though I managed to dodge it despite his foot on my chest.

"You infiltrated my hideout without anyone knowing. I don't know who you are or what you're doing here, but I don't care. You die now, right here, right now." No. I wouldn't die here. Not like this, I was an elite assassin, dying like this would be an embarrassment.

I clawed onto the mans leg as I felt his aura rising, he pulled a small knife and pressed it against my neck, I felt blood start to rush down. I let out a light gasp as I felt my body get weaker.
The man let out a chuckle.
"I would usually let you say your last words, but, you killed most of my men and I can't forgive you for that, now, you d-" I watched the man's eyes widen.

He attempted to talk but nothing came out, then, he collapsed. I pushed him off of my body, looking around. What just happened? I looked down and saw cards imbedded in his head. I pressed my fingers against his neck. No pulse.

I got up, staring at the cards. I knew who it was, I gridded my teeth and looked up. And there we was.
Hisoka.

"What are you doing here, Hisoka."
The brightly coloured hair man let out a laugh.
"Hm?~ Not even a thank you? I just saved your life, appreciation would be nice~" he slurred.

I clenched my fist and threw a needle at him, which he dodged, like always.
"Oh ho ho~ Now don't get so hasty now, Illu~ your bloodlust is showing."

He was right. I sighed, calming down.
"Don't call me that."
Hisoka grinned. "Why not?~"
I put my emotionless face back on, and started to walk away. But, I stopped half way. My arm was attached to something. I looked behind me to see Hisoka raising his finger.

"Don't be so stubborn, c'mon, lets go~"
I frowned. Bungee gum. It had the properties of both rubber and gum. I pinched the bridge of my nose.
"Release your Bungee gum. I have a job to finish."

Hisoka hummed in response, walking closer to me. "The rest are dead. I killed them, for you~" I narrowed my eyes.
"Whatever."
He let undid the bungee gum, and I began to walk away getting on my phone to talk to my father.

As I walked, Hisoka followed me, shuffling his cards as he walked. I frowned, looking at him.
"Stop following me."
I stated. Hisoka just smirked in response.
"Why not? We haven't seen each other in a while, we should catch up!~"

I sighed. "Will you leave me alone after?"
Hisoka shrugged. "We'll see."
I rolled my eyes and walked out back outside. Hisoka caught up to me, and nudged towards a café.
I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Hisoka smiled. "Let go to the café!" I shook my head.
"You only said to catch up with each other. Not go anywhere." I responded. Hisoka smiled.
"I'm taking that as a yes." And grabbed my hand, which made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

He walked inside and sat down. I followed him and sat down as well. A young waiter came up to use. "Hi! What can I get you two?" Hisoka skimmed through the menu.
"I'll get the sweet tea~" the Waiter nodded.
"And you miss?"
I cringed to the Waiter mis-gendering me but, decided not to mention it.
"Decaf coffee."

The Waiter nodded, walking away with our orders.
Hisoka turned his attention to me.
"So~ whats been up with you?"
I shrugged, putting my phone back into my pocket after my father hadn't picked up.

"Nothing really. Mostly just filling in for my father with assassination jobs, I guess."
Hisoka tilted his head. "Thats fun!~" he cooed.
"It really isn't." I mumbled.

"Well, what about you, Hisoka?"
Hisoka hummed, probably thinking.
"I don't know, I guess ive been trying to get Chrollo to fight me~ he keeps turning me down though which is pretty disappointing."

I leaned my head on my hand.
"Figured."
The Waiter came back with our drinks, handing them to us.
"Here you go! Enjoy the rest of your date." They smiled and walked away.

Date?
Hisoka chuckled, taking a sip of his tea.
"Ah~ would you consider this a date, Illu?~"
I drank my coffee.
"No. I'm just here so you'll leave me alone after."
Hisoka frowned.
"You're no fun~"
"You just figured that out?" I stated.

He tucked some loose hair behind my ear, causing me to flinch a bit.
Hisoka laughed at me flinching.
"I've never seen you flinch before!~ something on your mind?"

I shook my head, drinking my coffee.
Though I was lying.
——————
AAAA
FIRST CHAPTER DONE
this took too long 😔
Anyways, any thoughts?
Word count:
1271