17.

Hisoka's POV

We got out of the Taxi, the restaurant we were going to was very packed, which was a bit of a surprise.
I grabbed onto Illumi's hand and walked to the entrance. And sure enough, Aoi was sitting at a table, a mischievous but friendly smile on here face.
She waved us over, I bit my lip but dragged Illumi towards the table.
I sat down, Illumi sitting beside me.
There was tension between me and Aoi, Illumi however, didn't seem to give a flying fuck.

"So! Lets get straight to the point."
Aoi said, the cheeriness in her voice was oddly.. robotic.
Illumi rolled his eyes, leaning onto his hand.
"Yeah whatever. What did my mother want you to do."
Aoi smiled, putting her hands onto her lap.
"Well you see! Your mother said she'd like for us to have an arranged marriage. But she said she wanted your thoughts on it."
That pierced right through my heart.
Arranged..
Marriage?

Illumi's eyes narrowed.
"What? This is insane. I don't want to marry someone I barely even got to talk too. Not the mention I'm in love with Hisoka? Yes he can be quite annoying at times but theres no way I'm marrying you. I'd rather Hisoka propose to me with a ringpop."
My cheeks flushed, putting my hand over my mouth.
It was true, It was more likely I would propose with a ringpop than with an actual ring.
Aoi tilted her head, unfazed by Illumi's little outburst.

"Oh? But you don't really have an option to this. This is an alliance between my family and yours. We'd been told it had been your family who had been killing our men. So, we decided on a alliance, between both the oldest children from both families!"
As soon as she said that, I felt eyes watching us. Strong but not as strong as our aura.
I guessed Illumi had felt the eyes too, as his face tensed up, sweat beads falling from his forehead.
I spoke up.

"Wait. Hold on. What is this, the 1800's? Shouldn't Illumi have some sort of option of backing out? He's an adult, and so are you. Don't you think its unfair that Illumi has to marry someone who he doesn't love? Not to mention you probably don't feel any attraction to him."
Aoi grinned, and I hated it.
"Oh, I don't really know much of the details for the options. And also, I think Illumi is quite attractive."
My jaw dropped.
Was she being for real? I wasn't even sure.

"Wait, what about me? What happens to me?"
Aoi shrugged, as she was about to day something, the waiter came over and took our orders.
Illumi ordered a steak while I ordered chicken fingers (because the author is craving chicken fingers and caramel rn) while Aoi ordered the same thing as Illumi.
"As I was saying. I'll let you visit Illumi once a month since I'll be a good wife. But if I catch you two doing anything funny, I'm separating you two for good."

I scrunched up my nose, obviously uncomfortable (A rare emotion for me) and upset. Who did she think she was, getting in between our relationship. Hell it hasn't even been a week and all of this chaos unfolded.
"This is bullshit. I'm not marrying you nor am I letting you take control over my life. I'm moving in with Hisoka and you have 0 right to take that away. And if you do, we'll be having some issues.."
I felt Illumi's blood lust rise, having to put my hand onto his shoulder to calm him down.

"I agree with Illumi. This is utter shit."
Aoi rolled her eyes, our food finally coming in. That was pretty quick.
"You think I care? The second option was Miluki and i'm not going near him again. Plus, your mother said this'll drag you away from your homo tendencies."
I let out a quick snort.
Homo
Tendencies
The hell was that?
I realized I wouldn't have to butt into their conversation for a bit so started to eat, making sure Illumi's bloodlust stayed down while they talked.

"How about we go out for dinner tomorrow! Just me and you."
Illumi gridded his teeth.
"Busy. And I'll never go out with you anyways."
Aoi raised an eyebrow, I felt the tension around both of them get colder.
"What are you even doing tomorrow?"
Illumi started to cut through his steak
"I have a date with Hisoka."
I grinned, Aoi's face starting to turn a deep shade of red.
"Ugh. Whatever."
And then the conversation went quiet, all of us quietly eating while Aoi muttered to herself.

After we finished eating, Aoi looked a bit pissed.
"Alright. I'll be telling your mother you're not willing to convert. Here, taking my number and message me."
She huffed, scribbling her number onto a piece of napkin.
Illumi took it, sliding it into his pocket.
I paid for our meals, (Me and Illumi only) and we all walked out.
Aoi was furiously tapping her foot onto the ground, I was guessing she was waiting for a Taxi.
I tapped Illumis shoulder and whispered into his ear.
"Hey. Wanna know what'll piss her off? Making out right in front of her."
Illumi gave me a 'Wtf' look but slowly nodded.
I made sure she was looking into our direction, and the proceeded to ram my lips onto Illumi's.

Illumi put his arms around me, closing his eyes as he sunk into the kiss.
I looked over at Aoi, and sure enough, her face was full of disgust and rage.
I smirked and went deeper, sliding my tongue into Illumi's mouth, not even having to ask for it.
And soon enough, it was tongue on tongue action, I looked over at Aoi ever once in a while, her taping getting more angry and her face getting redder.

A couple minutes later, a taxi finally showed up, she quickly got into the car and they rove away.
I pulled away and started bursting out laughing, Illumi looking quite confused.
"Oh man, did you see her expression?!"
Illumi shrugged, looking down at his feet.
I smiled lightly, putting my arm around Illumi.
"You wanted to continue didn't you."
Illumi gave a short but honest nod.
I grinned, pecking him on the cheek.
"Don't worry, we can continue as soon as we get back. Lets just wait for a taxi.. actually, here comes one now."
We got into the newly arrived Taxi and drove off.
Who knew Illumi was a makeout type of guy?

——————
Edit: WOULDNT UPLOAD LAST NIGHT 😭
UHM YEAH
😳
ALSO
THANK YOU YALL FOR ALMOST 2K READS THIS IS INSANE 😭
I didn't think this would blow uppp
I was also planning on using the arranged marrige plot for the royal AU but decided to just use it here
Uhm anyways ❤️
What'd you guys like to see more?
Lmk in the comments and also I might add smut but thats only if its on high demand lmfao

Vote and comment if you want to ig
Ciao

Word Count:
1190