𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

𝚈𝙰𝚂𝙼𝙸𝙽
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

The office was quiet. The sky behind me is pitch black, rain threatening to pour down any minute.

She was still not here, which made me feel so alone.

No call last night like she said she would, and wouldn't reply to my texts, which only meant one thing—she avoided me. She was not even answering my calls, and all Titi and Nena could say were, let her be.

The last time I saw her, she was crying, which made me feel worse than I already did. The only reason I wasn't storming the apartment she shared with Nena was because Ruchi said she would stop by today. Apparently, she had to book an appointment with my assistant to see me rather than just sending a text to me.

A timid knock on the door brought my attention to the present day. "Come in," I answered.

As she walked in, brushing away the hair covering part of her face, she looked at me with a pained expression. "Hey," she said softly, the door closing behind before taking another step towards me.

I recognized the tone in her, the too-afraid-to-say-what-needs-to-be-said tone. My heart sank, falling to the pit of my stomach. With my blood running hot, she asks if she could sit down. I couldn't say a word because I am focusing on not letting my feelings show. I gesture to the wingback chair on the opposite side of the desk.

"How are you?" She answered, then swallowed.

Waiting for her eyes to reach mine, "Not well," I answered honestly. This relationship really hurt, and I wanted it to stop. Love is not supposed to happen this way.

Her lips tugged down as her eyes followed suit. "Yasmin. I need to talk to you about something." She drew in a long breath before continuing, "It feels too much getting back together so quickly if that's what we plan on doing. I need space to get a grip on my life as a whole."

I was listening carefully to every single word. "You want space or more time?" I said out loud, not looking at her but the clock. Every minute spent without her was like torture in hell. How was she ok with being without me?

"I am not over everything I have gone through, including how we left things, and I am as well not sure how to handle all this, right now."

"But I apologized, didn't I?" I could feel my anger rising.

"Yasmin you did. But I can't pretend like it didn't happen at all."

"Then don't!" Raising my voice was not a good idea, so I had to concentrate on keeping it even. "Don't pretend, talk it out with me."

She clenched her mouth shut and breathed out heavily through her nose, looking past me at the dark clouds. "You don't understand."

"What specifically do I not understand? What have I done that is so bad that you can't let go, compared to what others have done."

"You are such an arrogant bitch. You know that, right?" She was getting upset. Zara never got upset. "You mean getting all angry at me on our first date because you felt Nena and I had something? Or how you yelled..."

"Don't disregard my feelings," I cut her off, my voice dangerously low. She was supposed to understand that I had a right to feel that way.

"I am sorry if you are upset because I raised my voice."

I know I yelled at her, but that was the only way I knew best to express myself. "Zara, I wanted to be sure I wasn't being played. I was scared of getting hurt a second time."