𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝚉𝙰𝚁𝙰
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

I hate how weak I was.

I felt so strong and reasonable when I was not in the same room with Yasmin. I was a fool to think I knew my capabilities and that I could stand on my own.

Here I am, crying profusely in my car before a work dinner because I walked away from the woman my heart beats for. I always freaking run away—from Bella, Nena, Lolia, and now Yasmin. This time, I hoped she wouldn't fight back because I know I didn't deserve her.

Worrying about stupid things was my state right now. How to not be in a relationship without fighting—that was one of them. Running away from my problems, maybe Yasmin deciding not to love me anymore because I ran—the list could go on and on.

Taking another deep breath, I touched up makeup using the rearview mirror before heading into the restaurant. The same place Yasmin and I met for the first time. I was really starting to hate fate because she thought this whole love shit was funny.

One last deep breath, I hurried my way out of the car, trying not to think of Yasmin as the security let me into the restaurant. "I am here upon Madam Chinwe's request. My name is Zara."

"Oh yes, she is expecting you," the hostess said with a bright smile. "Right this way."

She escorted me into a private room, thinking there would be a large gathering, but that was the opposite. When our company received a message from this client, they asked me to meet with Madam Chinwe. At first, it looked shady, but a follow-up call and brief meeting made me feel comfortable that this was a client who would invest enormously in my IT business.

My pace slowed down. The same goes for my heartbeat when I saw both of them—Madam Chinwe, with a simple Ankara gown, head held high as she conversed with the woman next to her. Although the woman was backing me, I knew that ass anywhere, even in my dream. It was Yasmin, and I could hear her voice each time she said something. Oh, my God. I couldn't breathe.

My mouth dried up as the hostess ushered me to the chair at the table close to where they stood, my gaze still on Yasmin. She hadn't seen me yet. I was trying my best not to freak out. She had better not have interfered with my business; if not, I will kill her. My throat tightened as I took my seat. My entire body was stiff and ice-cold because I could feel her eyes on me.

Madam Chinwe turned towards me when she noticed I was seated. "Zara, darling, thanks for coming tonight," she spoke sweetly like nothing was wrong.

I forced my lips into a tight smile as my gaze returned to Yasmin. Her gaze narrowed, forehead creased—my heart beats harder and heavier.

"I would like you to meet my daughter," she uttered, although my mind barely registered what she had just said.

My heart beats for the second time. This was not happening. Was Yasmin her daughter? I saw no resemblance. My smile faltered when I looked at her, and I didn't know what to do or say, but all I could think of was that this was a setup. It had to be.

As always, Yasmin had to do everything for me. With her in my life, I would never earn a job by myself without her getting involved. I wasn't asked to be here because I deserved it; I was a fool to think I made it all on my own.

Suddenly, my lips felt dry as Yasmin turned her gaze to her mother. "Yasmin, this is the lovely lady I was talking about. I recently invested in it, and it's worth every penny. Remember the IT company I was talking about?"