𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

𝚉𝙰𝚁𝙰
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

One thing left to do, talk to my mother.

She was coming over, and I also wanted her to meet Yasmin officially. I was not sure what to expect, but I was prepared. This was my final attempt at reconciling any issues we had or issues she had with my sexuality.

Yasmin persuaded me to move into her house, and I knew that too would shock my mother. All I was praying for was a drama-free day. "Yasmin! I need help in the kitchen!" I shouted. Everything had to be perfect, but I doubt I was going to get that done without help.

She walked into the kitchen, swirling her glass of brandy. "Did someone call for me?" She asked with a wink.

"Girl, who has brandy at two pm?"

"Someone who is preparing for an unconventional war?"

We both laughed at her statement because we both knew what she meant. She wasn't expecting this to go as smoothly as I hoped, but that was the only thing we could do. Hope.

"I don't know why you asked the staff to leave. We would have been doing some acrobatics in the bedroom while they sorted everything out."

"It seems the only thing you know how to do well is acrobatics."

She was about to respond before we heard someone say, "Hello, anyone home?"

She looked at me with the same expression on my face. What in heaven's name was she doing here? I quickly dropped everything I was doing and walked towards where the voice was heard, Yasmin angrily following behind.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with my arms crossed against my chest.

Before she could speak, Nena ran in, panting. "Zara, I can explain."

"Looks like you just ran a marathon, so better start with the explanation. I can't wait to hear it."

"Let me explain all this instead. It is all my fault."

"You were my best friend, Lolia. Now you're nothing more than a mere slither of worthlessness. I trusted you. I always prayed that you remained healthy, happy, strong. And being malicious and evil towards me was how you repay me. At least today, you are finally taking responsibility for your actions-let's hope it's a good start."

She knelt down. "Zara, I know I have offended you more than anyone else in this life, and I am sorry. I was selfish, envious, and jealous. All I could think of was how to control you and who you loved. I am sorry."

I shook my head in dismay. I heard this scripture repeatedly, to the point it had become like noise to my ears. "Lolia, I have heard what you have to say. But how am I not sure you would do the same thing to someone else out there?"

"I won't, I promise."

"Are you sure?" Yasmin questioned. "Or it's because my mother has asked her cohorts to deal with you?"

"Honestly, you guys, me not getting what I want and being rejected over and over again is enough punishment. But to be sent to jail every weekend and beaten up, it's hell."

I wanted to say something, but Yasmin stepped in front of me and stopped me. "Lolia, listen and listen real good because I won't repeat myself. Calling the dogs off doesn't mean we forgive you. I'll be watching you. If you make the slightest move to hurt anyone, we know or even try to blackmail anyone, I'll kill you. I mean every single word you heard-I'll kill you."

With that, she waved her hands at Lolia, and she scurried away out of the house. She turned to me, and I had to ask, "Yasmin, you didn't mean that literally, right? We talked about it, no more thuggish lifestyle..."