𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝚉𝙰𝚁𝙰
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

"Last time I saw Lolia, she confessed to sleeping with Yasmin days before you met her," Nena mentioned.

I was so sick with curiosity and rancid jealousy. Who the hell did Lolia think she was? Lolia was going to do anything to get back at me, and she was never going to give up.

"She mentioned it was the best sex of her life," Nena continued.

I glared at her.

She burst into laughter. "Don't get all upset. It happened only once, because the next time Lolia made a pass, Yasmin told her to get the hell out and never come back."

I wanted to laugh, but the pain wouldn't let me. The heartbreak was just too much to bear. Whenever I tried to put myself out there, something or someone was going to bring it down. Was love out there?

"But Zara, I thought you said you were over this woman? It's just been two weeks since she left."

"I am!" I retorted.

She rolled her eyes at me, "Yeah, right. Lie to my face."

A part of me wanted to believe that Yasmin still thought about me, even though she had not reached out since we last saw each other. I was just too scared to think of the fact that I may never get to see Yasmin anymore.

"So are we going out or what? The dress your mother dropped off could use some use."

My mother. She had done it again, by leaving a package yesterday evening. When I opened the box, it was a sparkling outfit with a note from her.

Wear this to woo any man, and you will see the wonders it would do.

The fact that she was still trying to force me to be who I was, that even drove me towards resenting her the more. She knew everything, but conveniently forgot about the part I told her that I also loved women. No matter how hard I tried to make her listen, she selected what she wanted to hear. There were just some things we could help when it came to our parents.

"Do we have to go out?" I asked, playing with the dress.

Nena sat up and stared at me. "Your mother wants you to seduce someone in that dress, right?" I nodded. "Then that's what we are going to do, now get dressed."

The mansion we arrived at was well hidden behind the hills, and no one would suspect someone lived here

Waltzing into the house, Nena took a glass of champagne on the server at the door. "Why didn't you fix your hair properly before we got here. You look too old school."

"And what does too old school look like?" I pondered.

"Keep quiet. Let's party already."

I had never really been to a party like this before. Guests were coming through the main entrance, having themselves checked before being allowed to mingle with other guests. A giant staircase was facing me on one side. On the other, a selection of finger foods and cake, another section cleared for people to stand and mope around.

These were the kind of parties one would find people like Yasmin, whom I knew were good for their money being thrown lavishly.

"Nena, who again did you say is hosting this party?" I wanted to know for myself since I was now into the business of organizing events—luring this kind of host to my side would mean more money for myself and my business.

"Oh shit," Nena muttered, looking in a particular direction.

I looked up. There, at the top of the staircase, stood Yasmin accompanied by her ex-husband. She was surveying the place like it was her house, her party. Wait, was this her party?

"Zara, I swear I didn't know," I heard Nena whisper.

Her words didn't matter. What mattered was how beautiful Yasmin looked in her flowing asymmetrical gown, hair tied up in a bun and her makeup sparse but equally striking. I was turned on instantly. How could a woman who was so beautiful and simple, with attitude, not turn me on?

My face was instantly hot, and my hands were sweaty. I kept trying to tell myself that I was dreaming, that she couldn't be the one. But then, I hear her speak. It was Yasmin. I can't make out what she's saying, even if she is not looking in my direction, I push away from the crowd, ignoring whoever walks up to me. My throat got tight as I could barely breathe. Don't look at her, I told myself. With my head down, my cheeks hot, my legs wobbling—all the memories we shared came flooding back at once. The anxiousness churning in my gut distracted me from those thoughts.

No idea where Nena had gone, but someone held my hand before I got to the exit. At first, I stood still because I didn't know who it was, slowly, I turned back to see who it was. "You set me up!" I quietly shouted. There was no way she didn't know Yasmin was going to be in this party, or let alone host it. She could have given me a heads up at least, and she knew how much everything still hurts.

"I swear, I had no idea!"

If this was not a reason to freak out, I was so damn wrong. This was a real reason to have a damn panic attack. I had not even gotten over in two weeks, and I had to run into her again? Fate was a cruel bitch!

I quickly looked at where Yasmin still stood, a woman walked up to her and whispered something in her ear. In a split second, her eyes focused on mine. She saw me.

Did you notice the graphics, I am changing it up a bit

Did you notice the graphics, I am changing it up a bit. I felt black wasn't Zara's color. 
A very very short and sweet chapter... many questions I have for Yasmin. What is she doing here? Thought she left for the states? If we want an answer, we should vote right? :)

Zara || A Nigerian LesbianOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara