TWENTY-NINE: Looking Down On the Clouds

Briley's POV

    I wake up to my alarm at 6:30 in the morning. I get up and go downstairs to the kitchen where Harry and Louis are already awake and quietly messing around. I smile. Louis seems to be feeling much more himself this morning.

    "Good morning." I say, pulling their attention. They both look at me and smile.

    "Good morning, darling." Louis says.

    "Coffee?" Harry asks me, already standing and walking to the coffee pot. I smile and nod. I sit next to Louis. He puts his arm around me and pulls me close to him.

    "Excited to go home today?" he asks me.

    "For the most part." I say.

    "Excited for Harry to meet your parents?" he asks. I nod.

    "That's what I'm most excited for." I reply, looking over at Harry.

    "He's nervous." Louis whispers to me.

    "Louis..." Harry starts. Louis looks up at him.

    "Yes, pumpkin?" Louis responds. Harry turns slightly and gives him a glare.

    "You have nothing to be nervous about. You basically already met them." I tell Harry, laughing. Harry brings me some coffee and sits down on the other side of me. He grabs Louis' arm and takes it off of me, then puts his arm in its place.

    "And yet, I'm nervous anyway." he says.

    The three of us spend the morning together. Louis jokes with us and can't stop laughing. It's comforting to see that he's feeling better. I hope he's okay while we're gone.

    Around 7:30, Harry and I go upstairs and I start helping him pack. I rearrange some of the stuff in my own suitcases, considering I'll be leaving some things here after all. Once we're all packed, Simon calls to let us know a car is on the way for us. We wait in the living room with Louis.

    "Z said he'd come stay for a bit while you're gone." Louis tells Harry.

    "Good. I'm glad." Harry says. Harry's phone buzzes and he checks it. "Car's here." Harry says. Harry and Louis hug each other. "You'll be okay?" I hear Harry ask Louis quietly.

    "Don't worry about me. Have fun in Florida. I'll see you when you get back." Louis replies.

    "Okay. Think about what we spoke about. I'll call as soon as we land." Harry says. Louis smiles and nods as they pull away from each other.

    "You better. I'll be waiting." Louis says. Louis hugs me tightly, lifts me up, and spins me around.

    "Take care of him." Louis tells me.

    "Of course." I reply. He kisses my cheek and sets me down.

    "I love you both." Louis says.

    "I love you too." Harry and I reply. Louis smiles.

    "Go." Louis tells us. We nod and turn to walk out the door. Just as we step out the door, Harry turns back and hugs Louis one more time. "How did I know?" Louis says quietly.

    "Maybe talk to Zayn about it. See what he thinks." Harry says.

    "Would you stop fucking worrying about me and get going. You have places to be." Louis jokes. Harry turns back again.

    "Okay, okay. I love you." Harry calls over his shoulder as we walk to the car. Louis stands in the doorway watching us.

    "I love you too! Have a safe flight!" Louis calls to us. Harry and I wave to him, then get in the car. As we get in the car, I notice the same two security guards who accompanied us to Holmes Chapel are sitting in the car already. One in the front seat, one in the back row. I look ahead and see Marco is driving us.