THREE: Two Steps Far From You

Louis' POV

    When I wake up in the morning, I feel wide awake somehow. Usually it takes me at least a couple of days to get over being jet lagged, but for some reason, this time it isn't hitting me as hard. I check the time. 10:30 AM. Not bad!

    I look over at Harry still sleeping soundly next to me. Even sleeping, he looks so sad. I watch him for a minute and get an idea. I grab my laptop off of my nightstand. I look up flights from London to LAX. I find exactly what I'm looking for, email Simon, and book the flight. I take out my phone and decide on calling Briley. I walk downstairs to the kitchen and dial her phone number. One ring, two rings, three rings...

    "Louis?" I hear Briley sleepily ask me.

    "Good morning, love. What are you up to?" I ask her.

    "Sleeping. It's 3 AM." she tells me. I instantly feel bad.

    "Shit. Oops. Sorry, darling." I say, shaking my head and rolling my eyes at myself.

    "No, it's fine. What'd you call for?" she asks me. She sounds a little more awake as the conversation goes on.

    "I can call you back when it's a normal time for you. It's really not that urgent." I offer.

    "No, no. I'm awake now, what's up?" she asks me.

    "Are you still planning on staying in Malibu until August 28th?" I ask her.

    "Uh... yeah, why?" she replies slowly.

    "Oh good. Um, I was also wondering... would you be willing to have a house guest for a little while? Like until, say... August 28th?" I ask her, trying not to give away too much detail.

    "Who are you sending to Malibu?" she asks me. I laugh.

    "Why would I tell you and spoil the surprise?" I joke. She laughs and takes a deep breath.

    "I would literally do anything for a house guest sent by you. I miss you guys so much and I'm bored out of my mind here all alone. I am practically begging you to send someone. Anyone." she tells me. I smile.

    "Alright, alright! No need to beg!" I joke. "Then you can be expecting the arrival of a very special individual in 3 days." I tell her.

    "Is it Harry?" she asks. I smile wider.

    "I already told you, I will not spoil the surprise! Just keep your eyes and ears open!" I tell her.

    "Fine." she replies.

    "Next Tuesday, go to LAX at about 5:30 in the afternoon Malibu time and keep an eye out. Okay?" I tell her.

    "Got it. You might wanna remind me when the time gets closer because I will probably forget if you don't." she tells me. I laugh.

    "Alright, love, I'll text you. Go get your rest, sorry for waking you. Love you." I tell her before I hang up.

    "Love you too, Lou. Bye." she replies. I hang up the phone and look out the window in the kitchen. Everything's coming together! I can't wait to tell Harry he's going back to Malibu for the rest of summer. I start to make some coffee and as if on cue, Harry comes into the kitchen wrapped in a blanket, looking exhausted as ever.

    "Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in." I joke. He walks slowly past me and sits down at the kitchen table.

    "Who were you talking to?" he asks me. I smile.

    "We'll talk about it when you're a little more awake." I tell him.

    "Coffee." he groans, setting his head down on the table and closing his eyes. I laugh and make us each a cup of coffee. I sit down with him at the table and we drink our coffee together.

Truly, Madly, Deeply (Book 2 of the Summer Love series) || 1Dजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें