TWENTY-FIVE: I Want to Write You a Song/Don't Forget Where You Belong

Briley's POV

    I wake up hearing the quiet scratching of a pen on paper. I listen for a second, then hear a quiet melody being played on guitar. I open my eyes and see Harry sitting at the writing desk wearing his boxers and playing guitar with his journal open in front of him. I watch him for a minute. He holds the pen in his mouth and his hair falls in his face as he looks down at his guitar. He hums quietly for a second before pausing, taking the pen out of his mouth, and writing something down. He puts the pen back in his mouth and starts playing again.

    "That's pretty." I say sleepily. He stops playing, takes the pen out of his mouth, and looks back at me. He smiles and pushes his hair back out of his face.

    "Good morning." he says.

    "Good morning. What are you writing about?" I ask, sitting up in bed. He looks back at his journal.

    "I've got a verse and a chorus. Do you want to hear?" he asks in response. I nod. He brings his guitar and journal, and sits across from me on the bed. He starts playing and singing, reading the words as he goes.

    "Am I asleep? Am I awake, or somewhere in between? I can't believe that you are here and lying next to me. Or did I dream that we were perfectly entwined? Like branches on a tree or twigs caught on a vine. Like all those days and weeks and months I tried to steal a kiss. And all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this. I'm just the underdog who finally got the girl, and I am not ashamed to tell it to the world.

    "Truly, madly, deeply, I am foolishly completely falling. And somehow you kicked all my walls in. So baby, say you'll always keep me. Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you. In love with you." he finishes, then looks up at me.

    "I love you." I whisper quietly, smiling. He smiles back.

    "I love you too." he whispers. I keep my eyes on him.

    "That's my favorite one so far." I tell him. He shakes his head and looks down at his journal.

    "It's not finished yet." he replies.

    "It's my favorite." I repeat. He looks up at me and nods once, grinning. "You are astonishing." I whisper. He giggles quietly.

    "Good word. Maybe I'll use that." he whispers back, leaning over to kiss me slowly. He sets his guitar aside and pulls me into him. I rest my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes, still feeling sleepy as he runs his hands gently up and down my back. "Are you ready to go back to London today?" he asks me quietly.

    "No." I reply. He laughs.

    "Me either." he says. He traces light kisses across my shoulder and I feel myself falling back asleep. He feels me start to relax and my breathing start to slow and quietly says, "Sleepy, princess?"

    "Mhm." I mumble, half asleep. He lays down and pulls me on top of him.

    "Go back to sleep, it's still early." he says.

    "What time is it?" I mumble.

    "6:30." he says. I open my eyes slightly and look up at him confused. He pushes my hair out of my face.

    "Why are you awake?" I ask. He smiles and pulls me back down onto his chest.

    "Heard the song in a dream. Didn't want to forget it." he says. He plays with my hair. "Sleep, my love. I'm right here." he says quietly. I fall back asleep instantly.

    When I wake up again, I'm still laying on Harry's chest with his arms wrapped around me. I look up at him and see that he's asleep too. I watch him for a second, feeling him breathe beneath me slowly. I feel so peaceful. What an angel. I lean in and kiss him softly. I pull away and he blinks slowly, waking up. He smiles.