SIX: Me, Her, and the Moon

Briley's POV

    Around midnight, Harry and I arrive at a really fancy hotel in Paris and go inside to book a room. Harry takes care of it and gets the room key as a bellhop comes and takes my bag from me. It's totally unnecessary because it's literally just my purse, but this place is really fancy, so I try not to think too much about it. Harry finishes checking us in and we get into the elevator. We take the elevator up to the top floor and the elevator doors open up to a single door. No hallway, no other doors, just a small entryway and a single set of giant double doors. The bellhop opens the door for us and Harry gestures for me to go first.

    "Princess." he says, bowing a bit. I giggle and blush.

    "Thank you, Prince Charming." I respond. He smiles back at me and I walk inside. The room is huge. It's not even like a room. It's more like a big apartment. I thought hotel rooms like this only existed in movies. I'm practically stunned speechless.

    "Harry... how did you do this?" I ask him as I look around the place. The bellhop hands my bag off to Harry and takes the elevator back down. Harry takes my bag out of sight.

    "I thought I told you. I'll do anything for my princess!" he calls to me from the bedroom. I blush and keep looking around.

    I walk over to a giant windows in the main living space and throw the curtains open. I look out at the skyline of Paris and marvel as the Eiffel Tower glistens in the darkness of the night. I gasp at the sight. It might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

    "Come here!" Harry calls. I walk through another pair of large double doors into the bedroom. I look around for him and see one of the french doors across the room wide open with the curtains blowing in the gentle wind. I walk through the door, onto the large balcony where I find Harry standing near the cement railing, facing me and smiling. I go to him and he wraps his arms around me. He kisses me softly for a second, then smiles at me again. I turn in his arms and look out at Paris. I smile and shake my head.

    "It's so beautiful." I say.

    "Mhm." he agrees. I look at him and see that he's still staring at me. I blush and give him a tiny shove.

    "Stop. Look at it." I say laughing. He smiles and looks out at the city. He nods slowly.

    "All of that..." he starts. He looks back at me again. "... and I'd still rather look at you." he finishes quietly, giving me butterflies. That may have been my favorite thing anyone has ever said to me. I lean over and kiss him again. When I pull away, I grin and keep my eyes closed, already feeling so love drunk and cut off from the world.

    "I love you." I whisper.

    "I love you." he responds. I love how loaded our 'I love you's are. I love that we're never just saying it to say it, as if it's some sort of routine we have to follow; we always say it because we fully, entirely, completely feel it and mean it with everything we are. We say it because our love overwhelms each other, and I know we can both tell that by saying 'I love you', we're saying so much more. Every 'I love you' is a reminder of how much we need each other to survive. It's never been more apparent.

    I stay in his arms for a minute longer. The night is breezy, but still warm. There's not many stars in the sky, but I still feel like the few I can see are watching us, just as they were in Malibu. I watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle and think about how Harry makes me feel like I somehow outshine it. I can't help but smile to myself as I still feel his eyes on me.

    I slip out of his arms and take his hand instead. I lead him back inside to finish looking around the place. He closes the balcony door behind him as I walk around the room. He stands across the room and smiles at me. When I notice him staring, I look at him and smile back. Correction: he is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.