Chapter 4: Dinner with a Side of Halo

Start from the beginning

"Yep." I say closing the doors and walking over to the counter.

"So what are you going to do with them?" Sara asks mixing all of the ingredients in her giant mixing bowl.

"Well, my mom thought me a recipe with brownies that are called Snicker Brownies." I say putting everything down on the counter.

"Ok, well it sounds delicious. What do we need to do?" Sara asks pouring the mix into a baking pan.

"Well first, is anyone allergic to nuts, caramel, or anything?" I ask

"Nope, my boys are fine." Sara says and slides the pan into the oven.

"Ok, well after the brownies are done. We let them cool, and cut up the snicker bars into small chunks. After the brownies are cooled off, we frost them with the chocolate. Finally, we sprinkle the snicker chunks onto the brownies and then enjoy 'em!" I say smiling.

"That sounds wonderful!" Sara exclaims. Then we hear a shouting and moaning coming from the dining room. Sara and I walk into the Dining room to see Mr. Meyer standing up with his fists raised with his face covered with meat sauce. I look around the table and there is noodles and meat sauce everywhere. Some of the boys look sick, some have their heads down in shame, others look pissed.

"Haha, still can't bet your old man!?!" Mr. Meyer says before looking at us and lowering his arms.

"What's going on around here?" Sara asks using her motherly voice and putting a hand on her hip.

"Well mom..."

"Don't, well mom, me." She says her voice very powerful. "Who won?" Her voice changing into curiosity instead of powerful in a matter of seconds.

"Dad,...Of course." Hunter mumbles and points to a very happy Mr. Meyer, who is now doing some type of victory dance.

"That's my husband!" She says and walks over to Scott wiping off all the sauce with a napkin then giving him a kiss on the check.

I walk over to the table and start cleaning up all of the empty dishes from each of the boys. After walking to and from the dining room to the kitchen putting dirty dishes in the dishwasher. The boys are leaning back in their seats watching us women cleaning up.

"I hope you helped your mom before I came here." I say wiping up meat sauce from the table then looking at the boys with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope."

"Not really."

"Nah."

"No can do."

"Not really our thing." Were the answers that I got.

"That wasn't a question. Get up, grab a wash cloth, and start cleaning up this mess. That you made." I firmly say and point an accusing finger at each of them. I've never seen 14 boys stand up faster, then they rush over to the kitchen coming back with wash clothes in hand and start wiping off the table.

"It was meant for, everyone." I say firmly and the rest of them slowly stand up and trudge to the kitchen. "Or no desert!" I shout and quickly all 17 boys are wiping up their mess from the table.

I look over to Sara and Scott and smile.

"I've NEVER got them to do that and help me clean off the table." Sara says her jaw hanging to the floor.

"It's true, how did you do that?!?" Scott exclaims still in shock of my actions.

"I guess having another girl around here might change some things. Or it's the no dessert threat." I say shrugging my shoulders going back to cleaning up the mess. I hear the timer ding and rush over to the kitchen to check the brownies. Sara poked a toothpick into the center and it came out clean. These will be perfect. I pulled the pan out of the oven and let them cool on the counter.