Chapter 52: Hapless & Helpless [honestly HECTIC]

I looked around my bed at the millions of books and long strips of parchment containing all my ten-page essays with the usual thousands of wrappers to aid in my deteriorating health and mental well-being

I looked around my bed at the millions of books and long strips of parchment containing all my ten-page essays with the usual thousands of wrappers to aid in my deteriorating health and mental well-being. Tomorrow were the first NEWT mocks. I have been so distracted with Sirius' awesomeness and he entire falling in love with my soulmate ordeal. But through all the confusion and haze, I had completely forgotten about the exams and even though no one else cared about the exams especially since they made no impact on our final grade whatsoever, it was great practice and if I didn't do well, my failure was going to haunt me until I answered and failed the real exams, all because I knew I could have done better if I had just studied, but I didn't. Honestly, I would straight up have a nightmare about me failing the exams, and even though that may sound lame and really nerdy, I would again rather be nerdy that being unnecessarily unsuccessful in life and live out the rest of my pointless existence by begging on the streets of Diagon Alley for Knuts and transforming into a beast at night and because of said transformation, I would inevitably be captured and I would live out the rest of my days locked up in a cage in the Ministry. So, not really an ideal situation to live it.

"Are you okay?" Lily walked into the room and snapped me out of my distracting thoughts that were actively wasting precious time that I could be using to read and slash or study further.

"Yeah, why?" I chuckled without looking up from my bar and my book but I could already imagine her face.

"Well, you are disgusting and I know that because I can smell it from here and since you aren't planning on looking at me, I'll tell you that's a problem because I'm standing six feet away. Secondly, from this spot, I can already see a total count of thirty-three wrappers and that is not a good thing." Pft, who cares about health when I could not fail at the exam that determines all of my achievements and accomplishments. So yeah, not important at all. "Again, it is not the NEWTs, they are just the mocks and also, a single exam isn't going to determine your success. Not to mention, your unintentional thinking out loud means you haven't slept so how about you just go to sleep a-" She walked closer as she spoke, her nose twitching even more. She was reaching for my hair when she stopped halfway and and retracted it with a cringe. "Wow, Sirius wasn't joking about the hair, when was the last time you showered."

"Wait, Sirius put you up to this?" I wasn't bothered by it, I was just really tired. Guess that means more chocolate and coffee from a water bottle!

"Yeah and I'm just going to send him up because this stench is probably something that will scar me for life and I have to go pep talk Alice into a date so I mean, I'll be back as soon as I can, with a hazmat suit of a Shield Charm. Love you." I bid her adieu with a 'love you too' and went back to my stupid book about Potion brews.

"Remus?" I looked up to see Sirius standing there at the door, looking at me cautiously.

"Oh hey Siri! How are you doing?" I asked back, this time looking down again.

"Terrible, I haven't seen my boyfriend the entire weekend so no." 

"But I have to-"

"No. You don't" He walked toward me and sat down on the edge of the bed, crunching a few wrappers. Then, he leaned in to kiss me. "Wow, I would so, so love to kiss you right now, but you need a shower or a bath. Because you smell and I daresay look really disgusting! Honestly, your hair is haywire. So, a bath would be better. Plus they're really relaxing so I mean, two birds, one stone. Win win." I hated to admit that he was right. Maybe the exam was important but that was no excuse to let go of myself, especially since I had much better things to spend my time for. I need to sort out my priorities.

"And maybe you could join me." It would be another win, meaning we progressed with our comfort. Baby steps.

"Sure, but maybe after a little while because you legit smell really bad." Fair enough.

Word Count:- 766

Word Count:- 766

Love, Kale.