Chapter 02: Sedatephobia.

"Can I come over?" I had found myself in another awkward conversation with my father a few minutes prior about my 'disease'

"Can I come over?" I had found myself in another awkward conversation with my father a few minutes prior about my 'disease'. I'm sure he didn't mean it or even bring it up intentionally but it used to happen so regularly before, it must've stuck. Of course I never blamed him or held him responsible for it, it was just the way he was. Anyway, that is the whole reason I called Lily. After a few months, it all became kinda routine, I get myself in these awkward situations, and then I go over to Lily's and hang out there for a couple hours before being forced to return for supper. That's how, somehow, we grew closer if that is possible. Sometimes, we even hang out with Severus but I feel kind of awkward, considering my best friends take any chance they get to prank him, but thankfully, he seems to like me because I've never assisted in harming him and he sees me differently.

"Oh sure, Sev is here and Petunia will be positively ecstatic! She does love you more than life itself, my life to be exact." Severus being there didn't really make an impact on my decision as Lily was there to soften the blow. Petunia however was the problem due to her slight crush on me. It happened quite recently because of my transformation over the summer. I don't mean to sound ever so vain, but I have become quite delectable. Yes, I just said delectable. I was always self conscious, and I had reasons to be. I was average in height, though very skinny, like skin to bone, yet gaining a bit of fat at the abdomen while scars littered my body and face causing for an overall very unpretty picture, but after my fifth year, I hit a growth spurt finishing at nothing short of 6 feet and 3 inches. Apart from that, my mind and my mother finally got the better of me, forcing myself to exercise regularly. However much I hated it, it worked miracles to my figure. Anyway, that and a few rather random factors led to the lovely -to me at least- sister of Lily, Petunia to catch feelings for me, something I unfortunately did not reciprocate due to her simply disgusting treatment of her sister -though unaware to her- resulting in her never-ending pursuit for my care and affection.

"Shut up Lils, see you in ten." Lily came from a rather wealthy Muggle family. Her father was an extremely successful real estate broker who owned a couple hundred companies and another million properties, some of which they visit every Christmas ranging from France, to Cabo and even a few in South Africa. Anyway, this meant she had a particularly massive house, with a backyard that could be a wildlife park. Her house was almost as breathtaking as Hogwarts, one could say, with gold linings and a mahogany base, it was simply marvelous. My mum offered to drive me, though only being a mere ten minutes away. She stopped before the large titanium, black gates and told me to get home for supper before pushing me out of the car and waving as she left the mansion. The gates had an ID verification system, creating a foolproof system -well, as foolproof as Muggles can be- with no alternative points of entry. Petunia was standing outside the gates.

"I have been truly anxious for your arrival." She was pretty in a monotonous and conformed sense. She had long, brown hair silking down to her shoulders conflicting Lily's blinding red locks. But her eyes shone with the same exact tints of shamrock and lime like Lily, glimmering in the sunlight above. She had smooth skin, so perfect that even the sun couldn't tan it. Her short, and slightly revealing bubblegum pink frock lined her slim figure. Her pink shoes were polished to flawlessness and her moisturised face barely creased under the pressure of her 100-watt smile. She pushed out her hand and grabbed me by the wrist, no longer able to fit fully into a child's palm. She pulled me inside the gate as it shut behind me with a click. We were almost at the entrance of her castle-like house, when another arm clutched my opposite hand, interlocking our fingers.