Chapter 48: Vine & Whine

Practice was fricking mad! I didn't do much and I don't even know how I survived, it was strenuous and the heat only made it far worse

Practice was fricking mad! I didn't do much and I don't even know how I survived, it was strenuous and the heat only made it far worse. I walked alone to the dorms, I wanted to change before I ate lunch because everyone was disgusting and I actually had basic hygiene. I murmured the password to the portrait in exhaustion. The common room was also empty because food obviously trumps all other important aspects of life. Except maybe spending time with your crush because straight up I would skip meals for a week if I got to spend it with Lily, full disclosure.

I slumped up the stairs, the sweat drying crustily and trapping my hairs under it. My breaths came out in short bursts of air. I dreamed of the moment I would be able to happily stand under the shower of boiling water which was melt away my tension and stress and intense workout muscles which made me hotter than I am and way more sore than I should.

I slowly opened the door to reveal a dark, quiet and empty room. It was eerie and something seemed wrong. If Sirius had set up a prank in the room, I would both not care and murder him because I am way too tired to care but also, not tired enough to not be mad at him, not to mention I had to balance out the fact that his life was going too well, I mean he literally got together with his crush, that's basically impossible, that is some end of the world, doomsday shit that I was still trying to wrap my head around. Straight up, that is the stuff of fairytales.

I stepped on the creaking wood which only worsened the atmosphere of the room. But then emerging from the shadows came out a vine. The stalks spread from multiple directions and constrict everything.

I was trapped.

०◯०◯०◯०◯०◯०

I was on the carpeted floor, sprawled over the dirty laundry and forgotten flats with Marlene sitting next to me cross-legged, painting my nails because they weren't "Hufflepuff-y" enough whatever that meant. Thankfully, painting them a shiny yellow would make me more "Hufflepuff" while also pleasing her hardcore Gryffindor vibes. That's when I heard something. I had always been told I had good ears multiple times but I seriously heard something. I sat up abruptly, feeling the nail polish slip and spread onto my finger. Total pet peeve but seriously, I could hear something and it wasn't a happy sound. 

"Har, what's wrong?"

"Can you hear that?" I stood up now and I senses Matlene closing her bottles and standing up with me, I could tell she was getting mad about the messed up polish but hopefully she could sense the severity of the situation and not disturb what could be a stupidly serious instance.

"No, are you okay?" She probably though I was deluded but I didn't care.

"Someone needs our help!" I opened the door hurriedly and ran down the stairs, following what I thought was a cry for help. She didn't question me because she didn't have time but I could tell she was preparing for a mental breakdown to take place right in front of her. Soon enough, on the way up the stairs to the boys' dormitory. That's when she began to slowly stop looking at me like I was Grindelwald and began hearing a sound. That was when we started running. We stopped at one of the last doors and looked inside.