Chapter 29: The Winner Takes It All

We really needed today

We really needed today. If not for the purpose of my pride, then at least for a little self esteem for the team. So, they really needed this. We were fresh off our loss last year and their confidence and morale was low. Winning this match meant we could potentially win the Quidditch Cup and end our two year losing streak. The team couldn't take another loss without breaking apart. But since we were up against Slytherin, I made sure to prepare everyone for the worst. 

"Ok guys, now I know everyone is a little nervous because Frank's out sick and TJ has had to take over again. No offence TJ. But even if he doesn't get the Snitch and they do, we will win! We are going to score so many hoops that we win even after they catch the Snitch, that's the plan! Because I have faith in every single one of you and I am confident we're going to make Ol' Minnie proud of her team! And also, if you guys think that isn't possible, I would just like to inform everyone that Lily wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me last weekend which means ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!" There was a few seconds of genuine applause, which I think I deserve, I mean her not saying no is a huge accomplishment. But, now was the time to just ensure everyone it was going to be okay. "And even if we don't win -which won't matter because this game is kinda useless- I will still be proud as hell of everyone because you will have done your best!" And then came the second round of applause, which I rightfully earned. Thank Merlin I had written this speech before hand, or I could have stuttered my way to another loss. 

We followed each each other to the centre of the pitch where an overly excited Dumbledore stood with the box of different Quidditch balls opened and waiting at his feet. The Slytherin team on the other end also began to emerge in a straight line, each of them clutching their brand new Nimbus 1700s as opposed to my Cleansweep 6. I felt a little less confident about our chances of victory, but I still had hope that we would not lose disgustingly. 

Both teams got on their brooms and hovered; I was in the front. Dumbledore -who had way too much energy to be healthy for his age- released the Snitch and the Bludgers that went zooming in all sorts of absurd patterns. Then, he held the Quaffle in his left hand and tossed it up in the air. I was determined so I sped forward as fast as I could to grab it, reaching my hand out. But instead I collided with another Chaser: the Devil himself.

"Ooh, that was a mean crash between Potter and Crouch, oh but Potter leaves with the Quaffle and..." I was not going to waste any time, I had to score again and again and again until we could win. I saw the other two Chasers, well chasing me. I held the it tighter, protecting it with my life. I just put my head down and flew straight through them, lifting it up in time to score. Our points were still up and looking good but if we didn't catch the Snitch, we were screwed. It was only ten minutes into the game and we were doing okay, but okay wouldn't cut it for my plan to succeed. Darn it.

We finished at only seventy points after thirty full minutes of playing. There had been several close calls with the Golden Snitch and I couldn't score another  five loops with the amount of sheer adrenaline that i was in short supply of by now. I scored another, by now I was the only one but even though we weren't even halfway to our desired position. And that's when it happened.

"And Slytherin Seeker Crouch has SPOTTED THE sNiTcH!" I immediately saw TJ chase hastily after him, thank Merlin. They dove and rose and fought side by side, I could tell that TJ was determined but I also knew he only joined Quidditch to get in McGonagall's good books since he was really bad at Transfiguration. That was why -that reason alone- I didn't feel too bad about replacing him on the team.

Surprisingly, he actually gained on Crouch and raced him, leaving him to revel in the dust like a waste of space. Everyone had stopped playing and were watching TJ advance on the sneaky Snitch. He reached his hand out hopefully and for a second I actually had hope that we would pull through and win. But then, Crouch zoomed in front of his face and caught the Snitch, holding it up in vain.

Shit.

"SLYTHERIN WINS!!!"

PS. Amelia's Collage
I think her's was the most understandable out of all of them because it speaks overall about her live for material goods. Her shoes though, she actually wears them. She's based on a bitchy version of Elle Woods.
The notes are to show 'daddy's money' and her reliance on it.
You must have noticed that most of the antagonists have snakes in their descriptions.
The poison is simply to symbolise her personality.
Sunglasses are again quite literal.
The donuts are to show how she covers herself with sugar aka expensive shit to cover all the crazy inside.

Word Count:- 912

Love, Kale.