Chapter 17: Tyrannical Feelings.

"A traitor it is, my heart...
It lives inside me, pumps inside me yet it listens to you more than it abides me.
Often in a conflict with my brain,
It fights for you.
I might reside it, but my heart resides you."

The movie ended and the girls walked out of the cinema hall, heading towards the ladies room.
It was after a long time when Aria, Aaminah, Tanya and Anisha went out for a movie and lunch on a holiday.

"So.... Aria... what now?", Tanya questioned, reapplying her makeup.

"Nothing... we'll have some snacks, hang out for sometime and see each other on Monday.",Aria replied nonchalantly, busy in washing her face and clearly missing Tanya's eye roll.

Aaminah glared at Tanya, silently asking her to drop the topic in order to contain the storm that could be the aftermath of this discussion. But Tanya and Anisha weren't that understanding and were more interested in playing the cupid, totally uncalled.

"We were talking about you and Zee.", Tanya just dropped the bomb taking Aria off guard.

Aria stared at her friend in shock for a moment and then quickly braced herself. She knew she couldn't avoid this topic for long and if today was the day to rip the band-aid then why wait? Also, the constant teasing and nagging from her friends was now annoying her.

"What about me and Ziyadh? We had nothing. Nor we will have anything in future. I consider him as my good friend. And if this wasn't clear before, I hope it is now.", Aria said with a stern edge to her voice and the sharp look in her eyes along with it was enough to shut Tanya and Anisha.

Aria was already exhausted about all the Faizaan fiasco with her parents, which her friends knew but she was also annoyed by Rizz's rough-hewn behaviour which her friends were oblivious with.

Aaminah gave them a 'I told you so' look which kind of irked Anisha and Tanya but they knew it was innocuous.

"Listen... I'm sorry, girls.", Aria sighed after a minute, her tone filled with regret and her face that clearly expressed how tired she was.

"Its just.... its.... too much of this guy stuff happened, at home and at my relative's too. People are showing way too much interest in my relationship status and now the constant questions are kind of invading my own space and I'm just annoyed by it now. Hope y'all understand.", she explained with a small smile in the end and instead of receiving an 'okay' as she was expecting, she received a group hug.

And she was grateful for that.

The girls left the ladies room and when directly to the food court to satisfy their growling stomachs and cravings.

"No c'mon he doesn't look like Fawad!", Anisha again objected and Aria gasped.

They've been discussing about a character from a Netflix show who was probably seventeen in real life and thirteen in the show but had so many similarities with the famous Pakistani heartthrob.

"Anisha, finish your food quickly, darling , we are taking you to an optometrist. Now!", she said dramatically which earned her some snickers from her other two friends while Anisha still decided to stick to her point.

"Oh by the way, Sam told me to inform you girls beforehand only...", Tanya started.

"His cousin's wedding is going to take place in a few days and its going to be a grand affair and we all are invited. He will give you guys a formal invitation and stuff but he told me to inform you all so that you don't bail out and make excuses.", Tanya informed while her last statement was more like a warning directed towards Aria.