Chapter 25- Pages.

The rays of the sun that usually brightened up the whole room was at a juxtaposition with that Aria felt right now.

The good weather that used to make everything alright inside of her seemed to have exhausted its magic as the cool breeze and fresh air did nothing but pierce the already wounded heart of hers.

Aria groaned as the headache she had since last night didn't seem to de-escalate while the despair of losing Rizz just kept on crawling in more and more.

Not to forget the sorrow she felt for the time lost where she planned to enjoy with her friends.

Tanya decided to have a girls night but the horror movies she watched didn't seem to make her scare or laugh.

They seemed mundane.

Giving up, she finally popped the pill to cease her headaches and maybe her thoughts for a while until she heard a knock on the door.

She looked towards her girl friends who were in deep slumber and decided to keep them undisturbed.

As soon as she opened the door she met with an unknown person but a familiar face.

"Hey! Sorry for bothering you so early in the morning. I'm one of Rizz's friend. And Tanya's cousin. Kushhal.", the guy introduced himself with a polite yet nervous smile and Aria smiled back.

"I'm sorry we didn't get introduced before.", Aria tried to sound calm as she masked the crack in her voice with a cough.

"Yeah. He told me about you at that wedding last week. Too bad he had to leave early due to some work emergency.", Kushhal explained while Aria soaked in the excuse he made as he bailed on the wedding and she mentally cursed Kabeer for ruining the whole thing.

And as Kushhal extended his hand forward, thats when Aria noticed Rizz's hoodie.

Aria had seen Rizz wearing it once and she remembered it because she loved it.

Without thinking much she took the hoodie from Kusshal, rather too gladly as if it meant having Rizz back.

Exchanging goodbyes Kushhal, she immediately closed the door and hugged the material, inhaling the scent of Rizz's cologne. It was like every thread of it held pieces of Rizz and she couldn't let it go as she let go of him.

Aaminah found Aria sleeping next to her, curled up in a ball, holding Rizz's hoodie as the most important possession of hers.

She didn't know what occurred between them but she knew it was all leading to one destination...

Love.

The group of friends left later in the afternoon and even with the sun shining right on top of her head, Aria wore the hoodie with pride.

"No distance is distant,
No stranger is unknown.
A path has already been made,
If they were ever meant to cross your way..."

.........
Have you ever felt the need of avoiding a certain place, certain people, certain feelings? And maybe you do shut off the things you want to avoid but eventually you have to face them. And then you have two options- one is to sulk about it and face the situation and another one is to accept it in the time you were trying to avoid it.

Unfortunately for Aria, she chose the former one... involuntarily.

As soon as she entered Fariha's house, she was met with gazes and stares. Some were curious, some happy and some with curiosity laced with a hint of jealousy. Or just jealousy if we aren't sugar coating things here.