Chapter 11- Falling

"I sat near the water,
Staring into the starry bliss above it,
The sky they called it,
I call it my escape from the world.
Oh how they say, my heart is made of gold,
How I love with all its broken pieces.
But don't they know it happens only with you?
You break it,
But those honey molten eyes of yours
Melt it....
Melt it only to mould it again,
Just for You...."

"Will you stop looking at me like I'm a lollipop and you're a four year old, candy loving, annoying child?", Aria said to Aamina who rolled her eyes in response.

Their friends were not around and she knew it was the best time to talk on all this marriage topic and about Kabeer to Aria.

Only Aamina knew about Kabeer and all the pain Aria had been through and to be honest, Aria liked to keep it that way.

Aria was the type of a person who mostly liked to talk about anything and everything but about her problems. She felt if she'll open up to someone, she'll end up opening up way too much, revealing too much about herself and a part of her soul would be exposed; which she obviously wasn't in the favour of.

Yes, Aamina knew who Kabeer was, what he did and how Aria's life changed after him but what she didn't know was the fact that Aria's mind would wander off and open the box of memories which had 'Kabeer' written on it in bold.

"Are you really considering this proposal?", Aamina asked and Aria sighed as she closed her book and looked at her friend, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"I don't know, Aami! I have no reason, no single reason to reject him. But you know there's this one part, one feeling that is building up inside me which makes me want to puke and cry whenever I think of getting married to Faizaan or someone else for that matter.", Aria revealed as she knew she had to talk about this because this feeling, this sick feeling in her gut, the feeling as if someone's choking the life out of her  was actually driving her crazy.

Aamina stared at her best friend, wanting to cry over the fact that her doubts of Aria still being stuck on Kabeer was getting confirmed.

Aamina was shocked when she first learnt about Kabeer. She still remembered the upbeat voice of Aria over the phone when she first told about Kabeer to Aamina. It wasn't a shocker for Aamina because she knew about the friendship Aria and Kabeer shared, she even remembered saying how Aria and Kabeer were more like couples than real couples themselves.

Aamina still remembered the scarlet effect on Aria's face whenever she talked about Kabeer, forget talking, Aria even blushed when someone just mentioned him.

Aria was head over heels for him, no doubt in that, but it obviously had to do with the fact that Aria made Kabeer wait for almost a year and half before finally admitting about her feelings for him, to him. She was impulsive about many things but not love. She knew she had to get a grip on herself when she first realized she was falling for Kabeer but she knew he considered her as a friend and he was with someone else. In fact, Aria was the one who made him approach 'her', cheered for them.

But when 'she' left, leaving Kabeer in a dark place where his own demons were eating him up, Aria was like a star with a shining light. She did what no therapist could do. She bought Kabeer back.... back from the darkness but in the process, leaving a part of herself in that darkness.

She saw Kabeer in his highest, but she fell for him when he was in his lowest, when he was the weakest. She over loved him, she was like that, she loved the ones close to her like they were the only ones that mattered but for Kabeer it was obviously more than others. She let all the love and feelings she had for him masked behind friendship.